• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie Here from Montreal, Quebec

Hi all..Im new here..saw this site and wanted to join...about me,,I have ulcerative colotis since I was 17 and now im 36...been doing pretty good expect for the odd mild flare ups...I take asacol and also salofalk suppositoires (or butt bullets as I call them ) and also was on purinethol but we have a shortage here for thiis medication...so my doc put me on Azathioprine 125 mg dose a day...the odd this I noticed shortly after taking my first dose was my pee..I was shocked to see it bright yellow?? has anyone else had this and is it nothing to worry about???

HI Roden, welcome to the forum , i have had crohn's for 21 years now and i am taking Asacol for my Crohn's. Know a great deal about this medication there is interactions between Asacol and Azathioprine.There are many ways this drug interacts with Asacol. you can look at it on the internet. just punch in Azathioprine and Asacol you will see the interaction for yourself and print it off to show your doctor. I don't know why he shouldn't of checked this out first with his CPS book. He should've none the difference.The yellow pee could becoming from the dye from the asacol and it could be the interaction i don't know for sure. but, if i were you i would check this out with your doctor ASAP. Highly clinically significant.Avoid combinations the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit. Best wishes.

scott

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! That's great news that you are doing pretty well. You have me laughing over here with the butt bullet comment. I have taken Canasa suppositories in the past, so I know exactly what you are talking about.

I don't have any advice about Aza, but hopefully someone with experience will come along shortly. Once again, welcome to the forum!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hey I am on the AZA as well and I have fluorescent yellow pee! I think it's normal with this med!
I take Lialda and it causes my urine to be a really dark brown. I stain all the toilets in our house, so I always need to clean them! Ugh!

Hey RH!
Welcome to the forum. I'm also in the Montreal area. I was on azathioprine for a short time, but I did not notice if it affected the color of my pee. Are you still noticing it? Did you ask your doc about it?

Hi there all..! hope you doing ok..well I did tell my doctor about it...and im back on mercaptapurine..(hope I spelled it right ) I just hope they get the Purinethol back in the pharmacys soon..but I just didnt like the color it did to my wee and also a slight burning sensation and I dunno but I felt I had to pee more often...??I just had my check up last week and he said I seem to be doing ok..but did tell me that he wants me to get a scope done every year as I had the diesease since I was 17 and now im 37 (man time sure flies by fast) anyways he says he wants to do it becasue of colon cancer screening.Just curious what age did you start at ??

I was diagnosed when I was 25, am 29 now. I took 6MP when I was 26. It's probably a good idea to get a scope done every year if you have had UC for 20 years. I've had one every 1.5 years so far.

Its the preperation that is the bad part...talk about be stuck in one spot for abit :) The test is easy...but I remeber with my first doctor I had the scope done and I was not giving anything for the pain...he was a as*hole but anyways my new doctor is great...were is it that you go?? Me im at the Vic in the city..as for mediaction at the moment im taking 8 asacol 4 morining and 4 at night also mercaptapuine and salofalk supporitries...(butt bullets as I call em ) hehe...what I find hard with the disease is that alot of people dont know about it and also when they see you they think nothing is wrong with you... ..sighhh

Tell me about it, I've got a scope on Tuesday and I'm already worrying about it... At least the prep is Pico Salax, which is not too bad to get down. Hey, I also go to the Royal Vic! Who do you see? I just moved here a few months ago, so I've only been to see my new GI once. But, he wants to go in and have a peek... :p I've been in remission, but lately have been having a couple of bad days before my Humira injection. I tried all the other drugs - Salofalk, Asacol, Imuran and 6MP - they either didn't work or made me sicker.

Hi again :) Your scope will go ok :) I know the feeling of worrying abiut it..I did also...I even canceled it 2 times beacuse of fear...I really worked myself up about it..my doctor at the vic is dr.Bitton..he is great...knows his stuff.As for the prep for the test I took that Pico salax stuff also...It went down ok to but I remember after I took it about a hour later I told my girlfriend its not working and 15 mins later it started to work big time..dont mean to be gross but man talk about a MAJOR internal purging..hehe :)..Im in remission also but have had a little very little bleeding and during the scope he found a small bit of inflamation thats why im on the salofalk supposotories..but other than that I feel ok...

On Saturday March the 9th The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation is having a fund raising in a “Cabane à Sucre”.

Saturday, March 9th, 2013 (10AM to 10PM)
Cabane à Sucre Jean-Renaud et Fils
1034, bouleveard Arthur-Sauvé
Saint-Eustache, Qc J7R 4K3

Saturday, March 9th, 2013
23.00$ (13 years old +)
11.50$ (5 to 12 years old)
Free (4 years old and less)
3.00$ (will be donated to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada)
Thanks!