Share Facebook

09-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Weird, innit?

So, all in all, I've been on Pred for 5 months now. Started at 20, tapered to 10, had to go up to 40, stayed at 30 for a month and am tapering 5 every two weeks. Not too bad: a little jowly, a little pot bellied.
Until this last week. Why is it when I'm tapering that my face and belly seem to have ballooned? People are even mentioning to me now.

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
09-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Jessi

My Support Groups:
I noticed that on me too! I didn't have the moonface until I started to taper. And now that I've been off of prednisone for a couple months, I still have jowls! Definitely weird!

Dx'd with Psoriasis in 1993
Dx'd with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2004
Dx'd with Ulcerative Colitis on May 18, 2011

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Anon.
09-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
tiloah

My Support Groups:
I've noticed some people have said they get side effects from the Pred, some get them from tapering. Some people get different side effects at different points in the process.

I hope the "moon face" isn't too bad for you and it goes away soon.
09-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #4
littlemissh

My Support Groups:
I am incredibly lucky as I have been on pred since october 10 and not mooning yet!
Have got a bit of a pot belly though-very attractive..skinny arms and legs and a pot belly..will soon start oinking.

We should do a pred calendar for Crohn's fundraisning, the calendar girls will have nothing on us.

On Humira every 7 days, intermittent iv iron, regular blood transfusions :faint:
On TPN since March 2016.
09-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
Gwen pippy

Weird!!! I have been on preds so many times over the years, they would have their beauty effects then but not now, nothing when I'm on them not even HUGE IV doses then BAM I put some weight on 6 weeks after I finished them, strange!!! and no I'm not pregnant again as some in-laws are thinking when I see them looking out of side of their eyes. I too have the skinny arms, legs and the pot belly hahahaha I'm up for pred calendar
09-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Yeah, nice one Littlemiss - we could do it for the NACC Red Hot Day