Share Facebook

09-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
BosnianboyCD

14 Weeks on LDN

Hey guys. So it's been 103 days since I started LDN. I was ready to give up hope. Just two weeks ago, I had two accidents and a lot of blood. I was ready to just give up on it and go to my GI and talk about Humira. However, last week, my blood stopped. I was still having urgency issues and my stools weren't that formed. Yesterday, my fistula wasn't bothering me, and I went to the bathroom around 4 times all decent, no blood, no mucus. Today, I haven't gone to the bathroom yet and I feel fine. I should mention that I started smoking 3 cigarettes daily because I heard it can help if only your colon is involved. I don't know, perhaps it's just a little fluke, or maybe the LDN is starting to do it's job. I heard that it can take time to work, up to 4 months to see improvements and up to 6 months to get the full benefits. I'm still holding hope to see if it really is the LDN. I will be so happy if it is, I've been sticking with it for over 100 days now. I'll keep you updated.
Had a few remicade infusions. saved my colon. Ineffective now.
Currently taking eight pills a day- Sulfasalazine. Flaring up moderately.
09-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
mizgarnet

I bet it is not a fluke! Hang in there, LDN is a roller coaster ride.

Wendy
09-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
xJillx
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks for the update. I hope you start to see even more positive changes over the next few days.

Crossing my fingers for you!

Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease - July 2010
Diagnosis of Crohn's Disease Retracted - October 2011

I am still sick and so confused...
09-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
cloudcloudrunrun

what was your ldn starting dose!