Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. David Binion of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Old 09-07-2011, 03:21 PM
NameDr. David George Binion
Address200 Lothrop Street, 3rd Floor, Suite D380 (UPMC Presbyterian)
 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15213
 United States
WebsiteUnknown
Phone1-800-722-8652 / (412) 64
BioSpecialty:
Internal Medicine

Sub Specialty:
Gastroenterology

Board Certifications:
Gastroenterology

Education:
SUNY at Buffalo , Buffalo, NY

Hospital Affiliation(s):
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
UPMC Presbyterian
UPMC Shadyside
 View Directory Entry
09-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Emily

My Support Groups:
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Binion. He is kind, patient, truly cares, and KNOWLEDGEABLE (he will spend 20 minutes explaining to you the new research going on in Germany, tell you scientific stuff you won't entirely understand, and explain in detail anything and everything you could want to ask him).

He is open to many types of treatment, and if any medication irritates you in any way, he will instantly tell you to stop it and provide a new idea. He will listen to you, answer every question in a detailed answer and is honest about potential problems with drugs and your condition.

He always will you give you as much time as you need, really and truly. This is why he is often very late to appointments, but it is worth it because while he may be spending an hour talking to the patient before you, he will give you just as much time as you need. He's very thorough, and I trust him completely.

He's an amazing doctor, and I recommend him 100%.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility
  • Total colectomy with ileostomy at age 23
infliximab & azathioprine

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. David Binion of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania