• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie- 1st post

newbie- 1st post

Hello everyone. I have been lurking since having my procedure done. I am new to all of this and dont know anyone with this type of problem.

Heres a little background: I am 51 years old and have had problems for years.
I don't like to go to the doctor and never told any of them about my problems until gen doc sent me for a routine colonoscopy. I have between 10-20 bowl movements everyday. Most of them are loose at best. Sometimes just pure water. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain and have over looked the rumbling, cramping and constant stomach pains.

The new doc was concerned and quickly scheduled a Upper GI endoscopy and a colonoscopy. Things seem to be different with me from this point on. The day of prep I got up and had 5 bowel movements before prep began. I was only on liquid for the entire day. As I started drinking prep gold liquid began to run out. When I finished the prep I went out riding with my husband and didn't really have any more bowl movements.

I have the docs initial findings from the procedure but don't really understand them, so I will share some of them to see if anyone can help.It mentions congested mucosa entire examined colon, diverticulosis sigmoid colon, internal hemorrhoids, erythematous duodenopathy, gastric ulcers, and pre pyloric stomach ulcer.

After reading here and lurking for a week. I realize that my sore joints(ankles, knees, and back) may be a part of this. For about a year I have been complaining to my husband that I don't see well in the morning and that my eyes seem to be full of congestion. Sorry for the long post, but I would like to know what is going on here. I am weak all of the time, but I eat constantly because I allways feel hungry. I don't think I have any bleeding, but I have never really looked. I am not loosing weight because I eat constantly and started out at 210.

Hi there!

Wow, no kidding you have a high pain tolerance to go out riding after the prep!!!

I'm not sure what the findings mean - do you know if they did biospies? I've been told that the biospy findings are what leads to an IBD diagnosis.

Anyway, welcome! And I hope you have some answers soon!

HI Kim, Welcome to the forum. the divericulos sigmond colon means that there are small pouches of skin that are inflammation of the colon. it's very common in the lower part of the intestine. Erythematous duodeno pathy. are abnormal redness of skin due to capillary congestion. the ulcers are just open wounds of imflammation and all this needs to be treated with medications. Did the doctor put you on any meds?.the other stuff i don't know about i hope this helps. best wishes.