Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Sapna Reddy of Toledo, Ohio

Old 09-08-2011, 11:47 AM
NameDr. Sapna Reddy
AddressToledo, Ohio
 United States
WebsiteUnknown
PhoneUnknown
BioIn the Toledo Clinic.
 View Directory Entry
09-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Anonymous
Anonymous Doctor Reviewer

TERRIBLE!! I wish I could stand in front of her office to tell every patient entering the building to not walk away but RUN!

I was reffered to Dr.Reddy by my PCP for severe D, bleeding, and abdominal pain. I also had several ulcers in my mouth. After an examination, she wanted to do a colonoscopy and endoscopy, and I agreed. The procedure it's self was scary. I was far too awake and found myself in pain watching them scope me, screaming trying to communicate that I felt like I could not breathe and was in pain (obviously they couldn't understand me with a scope down my throat), then in and out of conciousness as they did the colonoscopy as well. (I have had about a dozen scopes since, by another doc, with no issues)

After the scope, when I had a follow up appointment to discuss the results, I was told that basically I was a baby, and everything looked fine. That is, everything except an area in my esophogus which she tested for being a sexually transmitted disease (which was negative), and was just 'dumbfounded by, but i dont think its really anything to worry about'... I left feeling embarassed, and feeling as if she had just said suck it up you baby..
(for what its worth, i then went to see another gastro, who could see just from the pictures of the scopes Reddy had done, that I had a hiatial hernia that had led to the ulcers in my esophogus that had 'dumbfounded' Reddy, which apparantly is fairly common! Upon his own scope my new doc also was able to diagnose me with moderate crohn's disease!)
I can not believe this woman is even licensed and would never reccommend anyone see her.

Rating:
1 / 5 Bedside Manner
1 / 5 Knowledgeable
2 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
4 / 5 Ease of accessibility
04-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Anonymous
Anonymous Doctor Reviewer

I had a colonoscopy last May with Dr. Reddy due to rectal bleeding, severe rectal spasms, consitpation, abdominal pain, etc. for at least 6 months. I was referred to her because she is the only female GI in the area. My initial appointment was encouraging and I felt like she listened to me and even rearranged her schedule to fit me in ASAP.

That is where the experience ended as far as positive terms are concerned.
For my actual scope, she was almost 2 hours late. This was after fasting for two days because my procedure was scheduled at 1 p.m. Her staff was not friendly and I could hear them complaining about leaving work late, within earshot of me. When my IV was started, I swear I have NEVER had such a rough-handed nurse who did not seem to care when I flinched. When to doctor finally decided to join us, I was instantly given the sedation meds. The problems only got worse. While the meds are meant to erase our memory, I remember clearly how poorly I was treated. I remember yelling for them to stop and hearing Dr. Reddy say something like "this is like an experiment and it's may hurt. I never said it wouldn't hurt" and they laughed. Really??? I specifically asked if my pain would be controlled and was told "yes".

In recovery, Dr. Reddy was beyond RUDE when explaining my results. She made me wait almost an entire hour after my procedure before talking to me. When she finally spoke with me she was short, rude, and condescending. She simply stated nothing was wrong with me and to come back in 5 years.

My pain continued to worsen after the scope. I called her office only to have her not call me back for 2 days!!! When she finally called, she claimed that she spoke with my PCP and other doctors and they collectively decided that I needed to check my pain tolerance!!!!! I instantly called my PCP who confirmed my fears: Dr. Reddy never consulted with her!!

I scheduled an appointment with another doctor 1 week later. He instantly noticed a very large fizure! How the hell did Dr. Reddy miss a rip in my 'area' when she was stabbing me with a hose??

I will NEVER go back and would suggest anyone sent there RUN FAST!!! If I had the power, I would do anything to have her removed from this profession. Her bedside manner, rude lack of appreciation for following a schedule, and poor repsonse time in emergencies (when she was on call) should automatically cause her to lose her practicing rights.

Overall, this person was the WORST physician I have ever encountered.

Rating:
1 / 5 Bedside Manner
1 / 5 Knowledgeable
1 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
1 / 5 Ease of accessibility
04-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
If you weren't aware - rating can be done here too - if this is the same Dr as above....

http://www.healthgrades.com/physicia...a-reddy-3jfxn/

Rating:
1 / 5 Bedside Manner
1 / 5 Knowledgeable
1 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
1 / 5 Ease of accessibility

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Sapna Reddy of Toledo, Ohio