• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help for anyone scared about surgery

Hello :)

My name is Joshua, and I've had Crohns disease now for over 2 years. I found out not too long ago that I'll be needing surgery on the 21st September to have a stoma pouch put in place.

Now I'm not going to mope or whine about it, but what I've decided to do is account for all my experiences so far and my inner thoughts before and after having the op and make a full account for how it's affected my life in the hope that my account might make things easier for people who are worried about this happening to them or other elements of IBD.

The link to my livejournal site is surgery-wannabe.livejournal .com

And by all means if there's a certain aspect of IBD you want me to talk about like my reaction to medication, what it was like in hospital, how it's affected my social life thus far or anything else you can think of, then please ask me to blog about it and I'll share as much experience as I can.

Thank you :)

Thank you, I'm just trying to get some awareness atm, I mean sucks that I have to have it but im hoping blogging about my experiences and what it's like to go through surgery will help someone :)

Thank you. So much of this is frightening and it's good to hear how others have dealt with all of it. I hate that any of us have to go through this, but at least we do not have to be alone. I have an awesome support system, but only those actually having to go through it really understand.

:) See THAT is exactly why I'm doing this! Before this I've had support from nurses and all but I hadn't really talked to anyone who had the condition or heard anyone else's story, genuine people. I want to help people and hope that my experiences can do that, but while doing this I've realised that by hearing other people's stories it's helping me. As you said, people do help but it's something entirely different hearing it from someone who's been there. Here's hoping that my journal can help you and all :)

Just read your blog, I thought it was brilliant. Very witty, informative and touching.. loved it. Good luck with your surgery and I hope you get better soon!

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the positive review there :) Reading your lil bit it sounds like things are getting a bit rough for you so I hope that things calm down soon but if it does get a bit rough and you need it out then please feel free to message me or read the blog after I have the op to relieve any worries you might have. xxx