Share Facebook

10-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #31
Cornfieldgal

My Support Groups:
I am feeling really good Manzyb! Ya know I was thinking, my worst flare ups were about a year after I had each of my kiddos. At least for me I think hormones play a huge part in my disease flares. Also it is the worst mid cycle so that really makes me think there is a connection. The flare I'm having now may be due to early menopause which my doc says could be brought on by abdominal surgeries and scarring. Have you noticed any connections like that? With Sadie's recent birth that may be why you aren't getting any better. A resection might just put you in a nice long remission....My heart goes out to you girl! It's hard enough to keep up with a little one when you are healthy!
10-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #32
taxdaycrohnie

My Support Groups:
I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I know after I stopped breast feeding each of my kiddos, the Crohn's kicked back in with a vengeance. (I am thoroughly convinced there is a strong hormonal component to it all.) It did fall back in line after adjusting my meds. I wish you the very best of luck that as your body returns to normal that the Crohn's will settle down and get better for you.
12-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #33
Cornfieldgal

My Support Groups:
Hey y'all! Haven't seen much on the Cimzia board lately. Hopefully that means everyone is doing really great! I've been on Cimzia for 3 months now and it is working awesome! Even when I was in remission with no drugs on board I didn't feel this good!
12-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #34
Manzyb
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
That's great CFG! I'm glad you're feeling so well.

Sadie turns 2, 4/5/13!
12-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #35
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
Great news CF ! I hope it continues for a very, very long time!
and Austin (18)
DX: Crohn's 7/2013
12-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #36
Cornfieldgal

My Support Groups:
Manzyb! Missed ya! How are you doing? Any relief?
06-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #37
mjmassi

It's pretty obvious that you need surgery. I just had two bowel obstructions resected and I am doing much better. Now I can eat just about anything, with no issues whatsoever. I feel stronger, I have gained 10 lbs and am back to working full time. My doctor wants me to go on Cimzia now. I'm a little anxious as I have been on 6 MP for 15 years (since my last surgery) but he thinks the Cimzia might control it better.
05-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #38
Old Chron

[QUOTE=Crohn's Mom;350592]HI
The loading doses for Cimzia is 2 shots the first day, then 2 weeks later 2 more shots, then it's a month later and every month from then on...always 2 shots.
My daughter had to do her first set of 2 shots at the clinic, with her IBD nurse, just to be on the safe side.

I took my first dose of cimzia this morning. I showed up to the nurse appointment. She opened the box and saw that it had two syringes. I asked if I needed to take both. She said no. Everything went fine, went home and took a nap and when I woke up I checked out the cimzia site to find out I needed both of them. I went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist gave me the second injection. I felt disgusted because how are they supposed to be educating me when they aren't even giving me the right dose?
05-18-2016, 10:50 PM   #39
mjmassi

I've been on Cimzia for 2 years now. I have learned a couple of things. (1) It's better to take one of the two injections every two weeks (I.e. 200 mg per 2 weeks) than both of them every four weeks. The drug wore off after 3 weeks for me, and then the fourth week would be bad. This dosing regimen keeps it in my system at a more steady level. (2) I am now taking a daily dose of 6-MP (which I used for 15 years) in *addition* to the Cimzia. I found that the Cimzia by itself wasn't enough. The combo is working better.