• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What type of Crohns?

What type of Crohns do you have?

• Inflammatory

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Stricturing

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Fistulizing

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I have UC

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I dont know

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
Didn't know there was different types but back when I was DX 25yrs ago we were told NOTHING and being 11 told even less. Think mines inflammatory. I just asked recently where mine is located and got the funnest of looks, depending on who I talk to it's either crohns of the TI or pancolitis. Think in my case ignorance is bliss, I'd have myself googled away trying to explain things hahaha

Inflammatory with abscess/fistula? I thought that Crohn's could cause any/all of these things and you just kind of have to hope you won't get the worst of it?

Thanks for replying all, The results are interesting although don't correspond as well as I thought. Nic, yes I think you're right to a point, stricturing occurs after periods of chronic inflammation and healing cycles so I think that will affect most crohnies. But as I understand it fistulizing Crohns happens because the inflammation occurs on both sides of the bowel wall as opposed to just the inside wall in inflammatory Crohns. Knowing this now though actually helps me understand better why drug treatments vary so much between us.