• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

30 Day Shred.

For those that want to do a quick effective 20 min workout from the comfort of your home, I highly recommend Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. All you need is some dumb bells or hand weights. I do 2.5 lbs for some exercises and 5 lbs for others. The video has 3 levels that you do for 10 days each. Its short but intense.

I am on day 3 but I took a day off to recover and went for a long walk instead.

I am getting toned. My arms, and abdomen especially. I wish I took before pics, but I will post some after pics for sure, because I really do see results. I try to do it everyday along with walking my dog, but if I miss a day of the shred I still go on a really long walk with the dog.

I used to get shin splints, so I modified some of the more intense cardio moves. As long as you keep moving its a great workout. Also you may want to do more stretching and warming up than she does in the video to prevent stiffness.

I pushed through it and took a day off when I really felt like it, and now I dont get the shin splints and I can do all the exercises.

ameslouise

I went online to find the DVD and I totally got sucked into signing up for Jillian's diet and fitness program! But - I needed that. I know myself well and I know that I can't get my diet back on track and start exercising unless I have a plan to follow. So thanks, Lydia, for this suggestion!

I am going to get the DVD from Netflix first to see how I like it!

- Ames

I did my 30th shred today. I am starting her Ripped in 30 video tomorrow. I took some pics today. They are my before/after pics since I am starting another program today. :) I do feel a lot stronger. I have alot more upper body strength especially.

I had done the p90x for a month before my major flare up & ended up in the hospital..so I canned that...I am now on my 8 day of the 30 day shred & love it..I feel better, so far...some days I still don't feel like doing anything, but I have to force myself to do it...I do feel better afterwards...I am having some issues with my sacroiliitis flaring up, but I still plug away at the exercises & re-vamp if need be (the sacroiliitis has been flaring up before I started working out again..) :)

Yeah I did some modifying of moves that were too hard on my shins. Good job Adbo! I am a week in to her ripped in 30 video. :)