• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My frustration

my frustration

hi my story so far is i was diagnosed with crohns in 2000 and was treated with prednisilone and pentasa this seemed to settle it down i was on 60mg of pred but everytime the dr tried to reduce the dosage my symptoms came back thie progrss took a long long time and i was in and out of hospital on one of my visits i happend to mention to the dr that i was allways thirsty and cudnt stop urinating turns out my blood sugars where sky high (side effect of pred)any way within 2 days i was put on insulin and still on it 11 years later anyway had lots more hospital app and was eventually put on azathoprine and infliximab which worked well for a couple of years had the odd flare up but nothing major and the brings me to 2010 i couldnt stop being sick i couldnt eat anything as my throat felt swollen and i lost lots of weight and a lump appeared on the left side of my neck i was in hospital for 6 weeks had many scans biopsy of the lump all cam back as clear the diagnosies was that i had built up or had a reaction to the infliximab so they stopped that and the azathoprine and put me on humira which im on at the moment and its working well i also this year developped another lump on the right side of my neck which was removed 2 weeks ago also i have white patches in my mouth and drs have siad its linked to crohns and referred me to another dr thats my story oh i also have depression chronic perecarditis and diabetes and diabetic neuropathy in my legs

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: Steve...wow you have alot going on, and thanks to Prednisone and this disease you are fighting more than one battle. Most people hate pred, and the diabetes thing is common for high dose users. Have you had surgery? Sometimes you are better off when you cant stablize after tapering. Not all biologics work for everyone either. I have had my diagnosis in 1993 2 resections but for the most part I have learned to control my flares. I would stay away from Pred, if at all possible.

Many people here from the UK, they are sure to welcome you too. Glad you found us.

hi there i h ave no surgery yet well apart from the removal of the lump and a spinal cord stimulator to help with the pain in my chest i will never again take pred and the thing that annoyed me was i was never told about possible side effects i was just put on it while in hospital i was on infliximab for 9 years as well

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Steve and welcome! I am glad to hear Humira seems to be working well for you. How often do you take it - weekly or every other week? I hope it continues to do the trick!
You may want to check out the Humira subform to talk to others on the same treatment.

Once again, welcome to the forum!