Share Facebook

09-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
JJ_777

My Support Groups:
The flu.... Again....

Hey!!! Just wondering if anyone else gets recurring flu symptoms with their crohn's? Majority of the time for me it's just a sore throat coupled with a sore tongue and difficulty swallowing... Other times a full blown flu...

The worst part is that I am a singer... So getting these flu's all the time is messing with my music career :-(

JJ

Meds: Entocort/Budesonide 6mg
Multivitamins
Oxycodone (for strong pain)
Pramin (for nausea)

09-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
David
Co-Founder

Hey!!! Just wondering if anyone else gets recurring flu symptoms with their crohn's? Majority of the time for me it's just a sore throat coupled with a sore tongue and difficulty swallowing...
Based upon your other post in this forum, I'm guessing this is more vitamin deficiency related than flu.

Other times a full blown flu...
What are your symptoms when it is full blown flu?
09-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
JJ_777

My Support Groups:
Hi david, I have the full blown flu now... Coughing up green phlegm sneezing running nose VERY sore throat.. Body aches, earaches, headaches... Trouble swallowing ( moreso due to pain in my throat than anything else which differs from the non-full blown flu version)

all this is very different from the not full blown flu... With that I get a sore itchy tongue, sore inflamed throat (the back of my throat goes a deep red colour and produces little ulcer type things) dry throat, trouble swallowing food (sometimes I choke on the most easy to swallow things) and a cracking voice...

I would be over the moon if it was just a vitamin deficiency rather than crohns!! As mentioned I am a singer... So if all it took to fix was some vitamins... I would be so grateful!!

Have asked this in my other post but will ask again here... Do u have any idea which vitamin(s) I might be lacking?
09-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
David
Co-Founder

Ewww, sorry you're having such tough symptoms The flu sure sucks.

As for the other stuff, I don't know for sure, but a lot of people here have done well taking a complex B vitamin. I know iron deficiency can also cause throat issues, but I assume your doctor has been looking for that.
09-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
JJ_777

My Support Groups:
Funny you say that lol... I mentioned it again to my doc yesterday and she ordered a blood test looking for B12 & iron deficiency lol... So could be all fixed soon!!! Yaaayyy thank you for your help!!
09-27-2011, 12:49 AM   #6
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I've had those symptoms with vitamin B deficiancy.

I WILL STAY STRONG
I WILL FIGHT
I WILL WIN

Current Meds: Cimzia, Methotrexate, Prevacid, Sertraline, Nortryptaline, Prednisone, Atenelol
02-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
JJ_777

My Support Groups:
It turned out to be a food allergy... Not sure what I am allergic to exactly... But am now on antihistamines and have had no trouble since!!!!! Yaaaayyyy!!!!
02-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Glad they got that sorted out!!!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.