• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New with question

new with question

hi everyone im 22 years old and got diagnosed in 2006. i just started remicade infusion and am through two loading doses. i have developed night sweats and was curious if anyone else has encountered this and if they eventually go away or not.

Hi Ryan:

Welcome to the forum! I was on Remicade and did have night sweats. I'm not completely sure that I could say it was Remicade related because my symptoms of Crohn's included night sweats and I was in a bad flare at the time. I did get mild flu-like symptoms with Remicade that would last a day or so.

I would suggest that you also post this question over in the Remicade subforum, which you can find in the Treatment section of the forum. The link to the Remicade section is
http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58.

Have you had night sweats as part of your disease, or is this the first experience with it? I would talk to your doctor or at least the infusion nurse to let them know that you're experiencing night sweats.

Good luck with your final dosing load!

Cheers,

Kismet

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Ryan and welcome! I don't have any experience with Remicade, so I can't offer any advice. But I did come across this past thread regarding Remicade & night sweats: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=18653

I used to have night sweats as a side effect when I took Paxil, and I hated having to wake up in the middle of the night to change my clothes (and sometimes my sheets). I sure hope this side effect is short lived. Is there Remicade helping your Crohn's symptoms?

Ian

Hi and welcome!

It can be difficult to determine - for me night sweats have been a symptom of both Crohns and steroid use in the past, and I was on steroids at the same time as Remicade, so it was impossible to know which one of these 3 things was causing them at the time. Are you on any other medications and is your disease under control or are you still currently flaring?

Thanks everyone I had an appointment with my gi yesterday and he said it was most likey my prednisone I start to taper that tomorrow so hopefully the sweating will stop. I was in a bad flare Ian until about a two weeks ago since mid July but I'm feeling better now hopefully it won't return once I start weening off the pred.

Hi welcome :)

Yes night sweats can be related to the prednisone. Hopefully you will not experience that anymore when you have tapered off of it. I never got them when I was on Remicade alone but did experience that when I was on prednisone.

I had night sweats so bad with my Crohns, when I was in total flare up I would even sweat if I took a nap in the day. I mean I would be soaked. Never taken Remicade but Predinisone didn't seem to make it worse or better.