• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

3 children with Crohn's

Well we just found out that our 12 year old has Crohn's. He joins an older brother, an older sister, their dad, Grandma, Great Uncle and a cousin who all have Crohn's. Our 12 year old started Remicade today and his older brother has been on it for over a year with good results. Older sister was recently hospitalized with severe anemia and had to have a blood transfusion. She is waiting to get into the Dr. Obviously the genetic marker is very strong here. I hope our youngest gets to feeling better soon. Thank goodness we have insurance. Two have already met their stop loss this year....

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hello, I thought I recognised the name! :bigwave:

I'm so sorry to hear your son also has CD Mum, my son has also been diagnosed since we last spoke.

I hope he responds as well as his brother to the Remicade, fingers and everything else crossed for you guys!

I know you were having issues with insurance and Remicade last year so I hope all that is all behind you now.

How is your daughter now as far as CD concerned? Also, did everything settle with her pap smear?

Welcome back hun. :)

Dusty. xxx

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Sorry you had to come back to tell us that! Insurance is such a minefield with a chronically ill dependent. It's our ball and chain! I wish all your children well!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I am so sorry to hear about your youngest being diagnosed. I am crossing my fingers Remicade does the trick. Also, I hope your daughter & doctor can come up with a more effective treatment plan.