• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here ... little about me

new here ... little about me

hi all, my names aaron and im 22 years old. i was diagnosed with crohns when i was 15, i spent the first few years taking my pentasa and multivitamins as recommended but found they were making me feel and be sick every morning and night, the pentasa always upset my stomach more but i always was afraid of taking the stronger tablets because of extra risks of cancers in future.

i want to know as this is a .com website if we are able to talk about ANY medications wether your in the UK or talking about medical states in the US?

i have a few questions i will look through the right areas and post away :)

thats great news :) ill add a little more about me then :)

i went about 2 years since diagnosed on my tablets and was fine apart from the previous problems i stated above.... i then stopped my tablets and felt great no being sick in mornings no upset stomachs but then a year later i fell ill and was put on predisone (sorry for spelling) steriods and my old tablets were all upped dramatically also adding a calcium d deficiency tablets to the mix.... now this effected me bad as after the flare up i notcied my body felt very weak, bones aches joints sore etc.... last year i fell ill again and had to stay in hospital where i had to watch a man opposite my die (from very old age and lungs give up on him) not a nice memory for anyone to have, since then i found out about cannabis and started to take it and noticed all my symptoms were reduced and even happy to say a year later not one pain from my stomach :)

i am now at a point where i dont have any pains but now i am holding more food in (maybe this is the constipation effects within the cannabis) i notice i produce alot more gas burps etc ... i am now having to find foods that i can cope with and be able to eat out and about and stop me rushing to nearest toilet...i live in the UK and i know my alternative is illegal here but i wish i was told about it back when i was diagnosed as i believe i would not of needed the stronger steroids and tablets or not have to be put in hospital but that is how it is...i now ignore the past and look to the future and hope within the next year i can fully control myself with foods etc and be able to live as normal as i can :)

There are a lot of people who understand how beneficial cannabis is in managing Crohn's Disease. On the forum is a password protected board devoted to the discussion of medical marijuana. The password is to prevent from offending anyone who may not be alright with such a discussion, it is sort of an "opt-in" way of making sure only people who want to discuss cannabis and its benefits see the posts. Anyhoo, I am a big believer in medical marijuana, you should not feel ashamed because it is illegal or because people misunderstand it and there may be a societal bias against it. Your health is way more important, I am sure the penalties for using it are minor where you are, but if not, then I would suggest simply moving to a more progressive place either in the UK or outside of it.

It is great to have you hear by the way! :)

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome :) I'm pleased to hear you're doing well with alternative treatments. You may want to check out our diet, fitness, and supplements forum to get some dietary ideas that may help with your current issues. My personal opinion is all natural and organic coupled with an elimination diet and good supplementation. But in the end, it's figuring out what is best for you.