Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Cant get levelled out GGGGRRRRR

10-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
soupdragon69
ele mental leprechaun

Cant get levelled out GGGGRRRRR

Ok I need to have a really loud yell.....

I ended up in hospital friday week ago with the second worse asthma attack I have had in the ten years I have been asthmatic. Went through A&E high dependancy that evening and was pretty bad.. Usually they only keep asthmatics overnight once they settle and I finally got home last Tuesday.

Had ANOTHER bad attack two days later all because I washed my dinner dishes and the washing up liquid set me off with the hot water! GP wanted to readmit me and I refused. Gave me another ten mins leaway and thankfully things started to settle.

Am now off work yet again! Have a home nebuliser machine with the meds for it and its the only thing that is helping at the mo. My pred started at 30mg the day before I was admitted (bear in mind I only got off it 4 days earlier for previous asthma probs from 10 days prior). Went to 40mg on admission. Went to 60mg last thurs and down to 50mg and staying there til this thurs. Have had yet more antibiotics which have stopped yesterday and I now have a raging sore throat, right earache and right chest rawness again AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHH

My guts are playing up funnily enough too.

My GP agrees with me and wants me to stop the Pentasa as it may well be impacting on my asthma (knowing we dropped from 4 tabs twice a day to 2 tabs twice a day as my asthma played up initially). I also bled big time in the hospital when they tried to take blood tests or remove/put in iv access and my Hb is down by 2 points now. He is unsure of the impact GI wise but because I have done nothing but bounce back and forth on pred since the spring either for Crohns or chest problems he agrees we should stop the pentasa and see if my chest improves.

My GP has had me down to see him every day since last Thurs to keep an eye on me and yes I know he is very good to me and taking good care of me but am SO fed up being poked and prodded. Sigh

EVERYBODY DUCK TOYS COMING OUTTA THE COT!!!!! AM SO FED UP WITH THIS RUDDY ROLLERCOASTER I WANT TO GET OFF AND HAVE SOME STABILITY PLEASE!

IF YOU DON'T JUMP YOU WONT EVER LEARN TO FLY

Brittle asthma 1996, Hypothyroidism 1998, Severe Crohns ileitis 2006 , Severe IBS 2007, Inflammatory/Rheumatoid Arthritis 2008, Sebhorreic Eczema and Folliculitis 1992, Roseca, steroid induced acne and Hidradenitis Suppurativa 2008, Multiple allergies and food intolerances diagnosed from 2003. Newly diagnosed fibromyalgia Dec 2009. Newly diagnosed calcific tendonitis Jan 2010. Chronic Pain diagnosed Dec 2010.
10-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
Kev

My Support Groups:
Hey Jan.. you go right ahead, toss everything you want.. I'll just lay low and offer to retrieve any you feel like throwing again. I've been there, and couldnt' commiserate more. Like, what is it with doctors? This one wants to do that, the other wants to do just the bloody opposite. I mean, why can't they pickup the bloody phone, call one another, and either come to a consensus or compromise that satisfies their egos and gives you the benefit? I went thru this time and again when each of the doctors involved in my case HAS their own agenda, and showed no respect for anyone else, their fellow doctors, or me the bloody patient.

Hmmm, never noticed that before. Two voices shouting in rage are louder than one

Feel better? I do

TTFN

Dx'd July, 2006
Meds: Flagyl, Cipro, Pred, AZA.. to no effect
Low Dose Naltrexone Nov 2007 - May 2014
Remicade June 17th, 2014
10-16-2007, 06:30 AM   #3
soupdragon69
ele mental leprechaun

Thanks Kev you are a star!

Yes am feeling better today thankfully. It just gets a bit much sometimes juggling multiple problems and moreso when they all interact with each other and kick each other off.

I think what didnt help was I saw my gastro nurse last week the day after I was discharged post asthma attack and she was in snotty form which I just didnt need either and it dragged me down on top of the joys of steroids and exhaustion.

Am on the upturn now I think finally.

Thanks again Kev - just having someone answer me helped!
10-16-2007, 07:50 AM   #4
Kev

My Support Groups:
My pleasure. Glad you are feeling better.
10-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
Nancy Lee

I'm pleased you're feeling better now Jan.
I know the feeling of just wanting to scream.

Healing hugs~Nancy

FaceBook- http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...48&ref=profile

10-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #6
soupdragon69
ele mental leprechaun

Thanks Nancy I really appreciate your thoughts.

Will get there. My stubborn irish leprechaun horns are out at the minute and know I have to just get on with it.

Have stopped the Pentasa now in the hope my asthma settles and have my next infliximab on the 30th so keeping my fingers crossed no more infections before then!

Hope you are doing ok?

Thanks again - it means alot that folk do listen and understand.
11-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #7
Sojourn

Jan, glad you made it through this hurdle and are continuing to do better. Have you been on infliximab long enough to know if its made any difference?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Cant get levelled out GGGGRRRRR