• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Greetings from a newb

P

Psychic_Lemon

I'm terrible at things like this so I'll keep it fairly short. Anyways I'm 20, from merry old England and was diagnosed with Crohn's at 13 when i had an abcess near my anus and had lost a lot of weight. I spent the next year or two being stuck on various different medicines (no idea which ones now) until I eventually setled on Pentasa, Azathioprine and Maxepa cod liver oil capsule thingies. I had all the fun of liquid diets and all that in the two years i was stuck on various drugs which as I'm sure you all know is lots of fun.

These days im in my final year of Uni (studying literature and history) and I'm not having too many symptoms most of the time but for some reason I thought i'd sign up on here anyway. Anyways, thats pretty much all there is I can think of saying so I'll run away now lol.

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Hi PL,

Good to see you here! Well done on getting through Uni and doing what you are interested in and enjoy too.

Always worth touching base with everyone here - they are a really great bunch of folk and dont know what I would have done without them all some days!

I take my hat off to you for coping so well with your Crohns throughout your teens too unlike me who hid it all for years...

Looking forward to seeing you post more.

Welcome!

vickyoddsocks

wears odd socks
Hiya, i thought id reply coz we seem to have a fair bit in common. Im 22, have crohns and also from england and im also at uni although im only in my second year (had a few too many repeats!)
I got crohns when i was 12/13, but didnt get diagnosed till i was 16. And ive also got an abcess which atm is giving me alot of greif!
So hi!
There's some great posts on here, pretty much anything you want to know its probably been talked about.
Welcome!
XX

Kev

Hi Psychic_Lemon. Welcome to the forum. Always nice to welcome new members, AND it's especially GREAT to hear from folks whose disease is in remission, or whose symptoms are relatively mild. for other newbies, just hearing from someone with the same disease that there can be light at the end of the tunnel means oh so much. It might seem to those who aren't symptomatic, or who are in remission, that they do not belong here... when just the opposite is true. This is a community for folks with IBD, no matter what stage or phase of the illness they are in, and all are welcome.

P

Psychic_Lemon

Thanks for the welcome :) Unfortunatly i've never fully been in remision and have the occasional mild flair up so I'm sure i'll be moaning a bit on here but luckily by symtoms aren't major enough to affect me on a day to day level. Anyways look forward to getting to know you all better as time goes on

Hi PL!

Just popping in to say :welcome: to the forum!

Please make yourself at home..
any questions ask away,....
if you have a bad day and just want to vent..that's okay too! :)

Welcoming hugs~Nancy

P

Psychic_Lemon

kskitt said:
where in england are you from? Im in kent
I'm in Hertfordshire, about 30 minutes from London, but originally from Norwich