Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Stephen Steiner of Chicago, Illinois

Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
NameDr. Stephen T Steiner
AddressChicago, Illinois, 60640
 United States
WebsiteUnknown
Phone(773)334-7581
BioUnknown
 View Directory Entry
01-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
Anonymous
Anonymous Doctor Reviewer

Someone else posted Dr. Steiner here. I will write a review.

I saw him for the first time today. His partner was my former GI and transferred me to Dr. Steiner after he left the practice this month.

Dr. Steiner seems to be a very informed and comfortable to talk to about issues as sensitive as Crohn's. He was a very good listener, gave me options and made me feel like I had some control over my treatment plan which gave me some extra comfort.

He didn't try to rush me out of the office and I even managed to slip in on a during non-patient visit hours to see him when he found out I was mid-flare. Addressing the flare as soon as possible seems to be his strategy.

He was supportive of my supplements that I take (Fish Oil, Calcium, VitD, Multiviatmins, B12) as well as making diet and lifestyle choices to complement medication treatment.

I feel at this moment I will stick with him and hopefully not have to change GIs for a long time

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Stephen Steiner of Chicago, Illinois