Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Top 3 Favourite Fast Food Places

12-02-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
Jvstin

Top 3 Favourite Fast Food Places

just curious about what you all indulge in while out and hungry. also, I would like these to be your top 3 that don't give you problems or at least very light problems just to see how each of us are affected.
here are mine.
-
3. Krystal (sack of 6 w/o onion)
2. Papa John's (extra cheese and pineapple)
1. KFC (bucket of 8 piece original, let about 5 get cold, great breakfast the next morning or a nice snack overnight. I pull off the skins, though.)
-
*note that Krystal is equal to White Castle for those of you who don't have Krystal*
12-02-2007, 01:57 AM   #2
adidar83

Wendy's - Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Arby's - Roast Beef w/ Au jus
Chipotle- don't know if this is fast food, but I love this place. I always get a fajita burrito
12-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
Kev

My Support Groups:
Well, occasionally I have to eat out, altho I really try to avoid it, as it's too much of a hassle finding something I can eat (safely). But, given my line of work, there are times when its' just inavoidable. When that occurs, I will go to the following:

1. Subway. I can get a ham or chicken sub, and put only what is safe for me on it

2. Harveys' A chicken pattie grilled on a flame, rather than fried on a griddle. I can also pick/chose the condiments that are relatively safer for me to eat.

3. Dairy Queen. It's risky, but their Brazier Burger is about the best tasting burger you can get. Hold the cheese N bacon, and top it with ketchup/mustard.

Dx'd July, 2006
Meds: Flagyl, Cipro, Pred, AZA.. to no effect
Low Dose Naltrexone Nov 2007 - May 2014
Remicade June 17th, 2014
12-02-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
adidar83

I forgot Subway. I love that place. Eat there at least 4 times a week
12-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
katiesue1506

Krystal... ok so if it really IS just like a White Castle... how do you (Jvstin) handle THAT? Normal people with normal guts can't eat White Castle without the runs... that's why they call them sliders here...

ok for me:

1. Arby's-- Philly Beef and Swiss sub, Beef n Cheddar... well tons of food there since I worked there for 3 years...

2. Burger King-- tendercrisp sandwich... no tomato

3. Chick-fil-A --- regular chicken sandwich
12-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #6
JTKrol

I eat a diet similar to a vegetarian, but I also eat fish (some would call me pescatarian).

1.) Chipotle - Veggie Burrito
2.) Subway - Tuna Sandwich (toppings depending no how I feel)
3.) Pizza - from pretty much anywhere!

P.S. I can also eat White Castle and not get sick. I don't know why this is. However, I haven't had them in years since moving down to TX. The nearest Krystals is way too far away.
12-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #7
DanSJVDavis

Hmmm...
Top three that DON'T give me problems? ... ... ...

Do pizza places count?

Wendys
Quiznos
Dog n Suds...(Gods I wish there was one closer to me than Indiana).

katiesue1506 said:
that's why they call them sliders here...
Sliders, skillet scabs, rectum rockets, gut busters... I WISH I could consistently eat WC's. Used to devour 10 of those things and a large onion chip in one sitting. Those were the days.....

I Was A Middle Age Writer, my blog on my journey toward becoming a published novelist.

Podunkville FX Pics
Podunkville FX
And here's my MySpace Profile: Dan Davis of Podunkville FX MySpace

Last edited by DanSJVDavis; 12-02-2007 at 09:53 PM.
12-03-2007, 01:03 AM   #8
Jvstin

katiesue1506 said:
Krystal... ok so if it really IS just like a White Castle... how do you (Jvstin) handle THAT? Normal people with normal guts can't eat White Castle without the runs... that's why they call them sliders here...
excellent question, it has the same reputation here, yet it's one of the main food I eat hen I'm ill. doesn't bother me at all.
guess I'm just awesome in that way..
12-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #9
katiesue1506

DanSJVDavis said:
Hmmm...
Top three that DON'T give me problems? ... ... ...

Do pizza places count?

Wendys
Quiznos
Dog n Suds...(Gods I wish there was one closer to me than Indiana).

Sliders, skillet scabs, rectum rockets, gut busters... I WISH I could consistently eat WC's. Used to devour 10 of those things and a large onion chip in one sitting. Those were the days.....

Bahahaha... gut busters... yeah. Funny thing though... when I was flaring, I ate White Castles... and it didn't affect me any different than I was already... still had diarrhea and everything, so it was like a normal meal for me Oh... and although I be a girl... I can shove 6 or 7 of those down... Well I am a big eater though! Oh and how far is Sunbury from Indy?
12-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #10
Jvstin

I eat Papa John's extra cheese and pinapple pizzas once a week usually, and they don't bother be either.
12-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #11
jjs16

Hi All,

Pizza - from just about anywhere
Mr Greek - Chicken Souvlaki and Gyros
Labelle Province - Steamies (hot dogs cooked in a steamer) with chili and onins

The bottom two are in Canada only, I think and the steamies are only in Montreal.

j
12-03-2007, 05:13 PM   #12
amor151

easy :P

1.burger king - bacon double cheeseburger
2.pizza hut or express - margherita wid pepperoni
3.KFC - 3 chicken strippers n a popcorn chicken box!

can only rarely eat burger king tho as for some reason beef causes me a hell of a lot of pain in my stomach still my number one choice tho and risk it every once in a while!
12-03-2007, 06:49 PM   #13
DanSJVDavis

katiesue1506 said:
Oh and how far is Sunbury from Indy?
Bout a 5-6 hour drive. We hit Dog N Suds when we go visit my wife's relatives. They had one here back in the late 70s, but it went the way of the dinosaur. Charbroiled burgers and bout the best rootbeer I've ever had. Alas, it's one of the few "drive in" style places still operating so it's not open in the winter.
12-03-2007, 07:00 PM   #14
katiesue1506

Well in Indy... the ghetto part... there's a place called Mug n Bun and its an old style type place too... they have good pizzas there... can't find em' made like that anywhere else.
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #15
Wiles

I can't really think of a fast food place that doesn't bother me; but I'll list my favourite 3 anyway.

- Wendy's (even though they changed my favourite chicken burger!)
- Mcdonalds
- pretty much any pizza place. A lot of them let me bring my own rice cheese to put on the pizza

I don't eat at fast food places very often though.

Before I was diagnosed, one test they had me do required me to be on a high fat diet for a week. So I went and ate a big mac every night!
12-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #16
Shoeless

I can't think of 3 that don't give me trouble.. Just different degrees of Diarrea
12-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #17
snazzy

My Fav fast food places are -

1: KFC - zinger with the works mmm
2. Hungry Jacks - grilled chicken burger
3. Pizza

YAY getting pizza for lunch today at work YUM YUM

So funny all the different fast food place names around the world - so different from here in OZ !
12-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #18
Shoeless

Pizza, i can eat some. Papa John's pizza really makes me run to the can quickly. But I do like the Chicago Deep dish pizza. No onions of course
12-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #19
Sojourn

Right now they all do me in, as does anything though, so I just have to eat when I know I'll be able to get to a bathroom an hour or two later.

Taco Bueno- Nacho Salad w/o lettuce or tomatoe

Arby's - Grilled Chicken Club

Domino's - Thin Crust pepperoni
12-08-2007, 03:46 AM   #20
AbstractDonut

Poncho's
Taco Bell
Papa John's Italian sausage.

May never eat the first two again, or at least that is the way it feels.
12-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #21
vickyoddsocks
wears odd socks

Its not really fast food, but if im out and about theres nothing more i like then a Marks&Spencer lunch, (for those of you not from the UK M&S is a kinda posh store on the high street that do the BEST and probably most expensive food! And awsome sandwiches!)

For proper fast food i love Pizza, the Hut's its prob best!

And then id probably say a chicken Korma, from a lovely indian takeaway near me called Mowglis!
12-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #22
iamalyssa

For the most part, fast food's pretty gross, but I must admit that I'm a sucker for 1) Taco Bell 2) Subway, and 3) Pronto Pizza......yeah, those are pretty much the worst places EVER to like :/ ...roughage, spices, and glue--yum!
12-12-2007, 07:00 AM   #23
Jvstin

how about Chinese? anyone have good luck with them?
I do, as long as I don't go crazy with the noodles.
12-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #24
Kev

My Support Groups:
Hey, Jvstin. You're back 'out and about'. Congrats. As for Chinese fast food, I've not gone that route from a take out or Chinese restaurant. closest I've come is to give my home made food a chinese slant (no pun intended) at times. i'll take my chicken, or occasionally pork, add some spice to it with .. ginger, for example, and have it with boiled rice. most chinese style veggies are off my safe diet, so either I pass on that, or try to make the veggies I am allowed at least look/taste like chinese. Unfortunately, that means boiled, not stir fried. I can stir fry things like peeled yellow peppers, with some plain white mushrooms
It's not the same, not even close.. but I delude myself into eating this at times.
12-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #25
rhapsody86

actually I can't eat some Chinese food (stuff that isn't cooked as well) as it doesn't agree with me but I like...

1) sonic
2) Chik-Fil-A
3) Wendy's
12-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #26
lizzyfan

1. McD's-Fries
2. Arby's-RB and cheddar
3. Popeye's-Dirty rice
12-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #27
Cog

I can do Chinese, Indian or Japanese no problem. All the other chains with the no wheat and no chicken restriction is just not an option.
12-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #28
Kev

My Support Groups:
Here's a thought (how did that happen?).. But, w/o hijacking this thread, maybe a side topic (or a more beneficial topic) would be a list of fast food or restaurants, etc.., that offer menu choices that are 'safe/wise' for us to eat, yet taste good+. I know that going out N about, eating while on the road, is a constant challenge. I AM not talking about 365 ways to prepare roadkill either, but decent tasting food a person on a restricted diet COULD/SHOULD/WOULD eat. Or am I dreaming? no, can't be. I've found two that accomodate my diet
12-17-2007, 12:22 PM   #29
jobengals

chik-fil-a doesn't give me problems. I pretty much regret every other fast food place I hit up though. I dunno, had a quarter pounder meal from mcdonald's last night, and that was the shit. And I seemed to handle it well ... so it wasn't LITERALLY 'the shit', just ... you know.

if you're just lookin for a drink though, hit up sonic. They are the ultimate drink stop .. and their chili dogs rule too but .... those tend to destroy my digestion process
12-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #30
D Bergy

I like Subway since I can pick and choose what I want on it. I had to give up the Onions, which was not too much of a sacrifice.

I can eat just about any fast food, but I try noty to eat it very often. There just is not a lot of nutrition in most of it, and MSG is often used.

Dan Bergman

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Top 3 Favourite Fast Food Places