• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thank you Laura

K

Karie

I just wanted to say thank you so much Laura for putting your story on DHC. I have had off and on diarrhea all my life but two years ago I started having severe watery diarrhea that did not allow be to even walk my dogs in the woods without either having to rush but home or worse yet finding a tree to hide behind. My gastroenterologist has diagnosed me with a range of conditions from IBS to ulcerative colitis to the latest of lymphocytic colitis. None of my symptoms really fit in these categories and I found very little relief from anti-diarrheals. I have been frustrated with my current GI doc and have to jump through the insurance hoops to get a referral for another doctor. My husband and I looked for herbal suppliment to the cholestyramine. I found a guggol suppliment at a health food store and started taking it. I am not usually one for believing that all suppliments are the best thing for you but I figured if I could try this without having to struggle through the frustration of doctors it couldn't hurt. I have been diarrhea free for over a week! I can't tell you how happy I am. So Laura, sharing your story has made me hopeful that I might be able to get back to a normal life. Thank you so much.
Karie