Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Charlene Prather of Saint Louis, Missouri

Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
NameDr. Charlene M Prather
AddressSaint Louis, Missouri, 63110
 United States
WebsiteUnknown
Phone(314)577-8764
BioUnknown
 View Directory Entry
09-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
rwjedi

I have been going to Dr. Prather since 2000. She is tough to get into because she only sees patients on certain days, only does colonoscopy's on certain days. The rest of the time she is doing research, so needless to say she is normally on the cutting edge. She recognizes obviously that crohn's is a serious disease (even if her patient likes to ignore that fact), but she will work with you to try and help you live your life the way you want to. I have been trying to get into cardiovascular shape for a long time and haven't had much luck, mostly because of the dehydration and energy issues. One time while at Dr. P's office I mentioned to the fellow (wanna be doctor) that I would at some point like to run at least a 1/2 marathon and maybe eventially a full one. She started lecturing me about having a serious disease, (as bad as cancer in some people) yadda yadda. Dr. Prather comes in after reading the fellows notes and gives me the name of an over the counter electrolyte mix (not your fathers gatorade) that is used in Africa to save people's lives who have things like dysentary (it's called Ceralyte, ceraproductsinc.com). It does help mightily with the dehydration. So bottom line, she's awesome. I was in full remission using remicade until I lost my insurance. Cross your fingers for me.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
4 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
3 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Charlene Prather of Saint Louis, Missouri