• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everyone

F

Farley

Hey everybody, my name is Matt, I'm 16 and I just joined the forums :) So, a little bit about me. I was diagnosed with Chrons about 5 or 6 years ago, been up and down with the symptoms, things were looking up for a while (got told I didn't have to revisit hospital for a year) but over the summer the symptoms have been slowly coming back and I'm back on the steroids again (reducing at the moment and they're talking about going onto Infliximab after). Haven't really felt right since the summer but reading about other people's experiences has made me feel a bit better, so here I am :D

S

Shane

Welcome to the forum Matt it's always nice to see someone from the UK on here. Sorry to hear that your symptoms are back. I'm currently on Infliximab, which is the only thing that has kept me off the Prednisolone, so far.

Good luck, let us know how things go.

Shane

hi & welcome matt :)

i've found some really helpful info on here too, and the people are great :)

i hope you get on ok with the meds, and things settle for you soon.

dingbat

Hello, glad you've found some good reading here. It does help to read of others' experiences and know that there are others going through the same things.

Hope inflixmab works for you if you go that route.

F

Farley

Thanks everyone :)

Yeah, looks like Infliximab is the next course of action if the steroids don't sort things out. Anyone here got any experiences with it? It'll be a new thing for me.

S

Shane

I've had three Infliximab infusions so far and, I have been impressed. I found the actual infusion quite straightforward and the only side effect I've found to date is feeling really tired for a day or two after infusion and some itchy skin on my back and chest from time to time. But, I gladly put up with that for good it has done me.
Really is working for me at the moment. I just hope it will continue.