Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Thomas Ullman of New York, New York

Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
NameDr. Thomas A Ullman
AddressNew York, New York, 10029
 United States
WebsiteUnknown
Phone(212)241-3430
BioUnknown
 View Directory Entry
11-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
nosesame

I am very pleased with Dr. Ullman. He is the head of the department at Mt Sinai, yet always returns calls promptly and has a great bedside manner. He is intelligent and caring. He has helped me to make wise choices when I have needed to choose medications for unrelated conditions when I did not want to spark a flare-up. I have no trouble with appointments as a regular patient but I do know there is a wait as a new patient. However, I think he is worth the initial wait. His office is also great about helping with insurance billing issues.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
4 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
4 / 5 Ease of accessibility
08-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
Freddy13

I have been a patient of Tom Ullman since he joined the Mt Sinai practice some 15 years ago. He is indeed expert with a genuinely warm bedside manner. However, I disagree on his accesibility. When there is a crisis he will call at home to follow up but getting appointments is nothing short of a nightmare and his staff simply do not return phone calls. I had a partial obstruction in May of this year, called his office 5 times over two days and each time the call was routed to voice mail that was full and couldn't leave a message.

Rating:
3 / 5 Bedside Manner
3 / 5 Knowledgeable
3 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
1 / 5 Ease of accessibility
12-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
enumeras

Dr. Ullman has been my GI from 2006 - 2009. He is absolutely fantastic. Great bedside manner and will frequently visit you when you are admitted. His nursing staff was very easy to get in touch with and getting an appt was easy when you absolutely needed it STAT. He is extremely knowledgeable, brutally honest, and a pleasure to be around. He had no prob giving me his email address when I moved out of NY if I needed to get in touch with him. I highly recommend him.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
3 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Thomas Ullman of New York, New York