Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Bo Shen of Cleveland, Ohio

Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
NameDr. Bo Shen
AddressCleveland, Ohio, 44195
 United States
WebsiteUnknown
Phone(216)444-9252
BioUnknown
 View Directory Entry
06-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Raleigh

Dr. Shen is highly respected among colleagues at the Cleveland Clinic. He is billed as an IBD expert, but he is steadfastly reliant on the biopsy for diagnosis. He does not take symptoms, endoscopic findings, or laboratory evidence into account in diagnosing IBD if the biopsy is negative. Because of this, he also does not believe that the capsule endoscopy is a useful tool in the diagnostic process. His words to me were "the capsule endoscopy is worthless".

While everyone will tell you that he is very accessible to his patients, that is not completely true. I was told my biopsy results would be ready in 2 to 3 days. Even though I emailed Dr. Shen and called his office multiple times, it took him about 2 weeks to get back to me. When he finally did get back to me, I had some questions. He never responded to any of my questions, and I have not heard from him since.

Overall, I would not recommend this physician. If you are going to the Cleveland Clinic, there are other highly qualified and accomplished physicians to choose from.

Rating:
2 / 5 Bedside Manner
3 / 5 Knowledgeable
1 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
1 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Bo Shen of Cleveland, Ohio