Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Robert Nussbaum of Alexandria, Virginia

Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
NameDr. Robert A Nussbaum
AddressAlexandria, Virginia, 22310
 United States
WebsiteUnknown
Phone(703)313-8400
BioUnknown
 View Directory Entry
02-13-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
snugnun

I have had Crohn's disease that I have been able to mostly manage for the past 10 years. However, last month, I had a bad flare-up and I don't have health insurance because of pre-existing conditions. I went to see Dr. Nussbaum and he was mean, totally lacked compassion, and put virtually no effort in helping me to find a solution that would help me. He told me I needed a colonoscopy and I told him that I didn't have the money for it but was there something that he could give me to ride it out for a while as I would have health insurance at a later date. He automatically prescribed Lialda. When I asked him if there was a generic, he sneered at me and said in a snide way, "No, they don't have generics." When I asked if there was something he could give me for the pain (hemorrhoids are brutal), he scoffed at me and said rudely, "No." When I started to experience problems with Lialda, I called him on the phone and at one point, he said, "Well, then just stop taking it." At a later point in the conversation, he said, "I don't know what you have. You could have cancer, it could be anything." All of this said in a way that made me feel like I was wasting his time and I honestly feel like he was looking down at me because I am poor. I know that as a doctor, without the colonoscopy, he is hard pressed to help me, but there isn't any testing for being a kind, compassionate human being.

Rating:
1 / 5 Bedside Manner
2 / 5 Knowledgeable
1 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
3 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Robert Nussbaum of Alexandria, Virginia