Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. John Wyman of Madison, Wisconsin

Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
NameDr. John B Wyman
AddressMadison, Wisconsin, 53705
 United States
WebsiteUnknown
Phone(608)263-4033
BioUnknown
 View Directory Entry
10-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
Anonymous
Anonymous Doctor Reviewer

I became very sick in 2006 (22 yrs old) and was referred to Dr Wyman. My original symptoms were very flu like, and blood in my stool. I had issues when I was much younger with acid reflux but nothing else and those went away ask became older. Dr Wyman was convinced that my issues were all in my head and refused to do a colonoscopy. He told me to take yoga and go on antidepressants as I was just stressed. Within seven months I had switched insurances and ended up seeing a new GP, I told her my symptoms and she was floored that no one had performed a colonoscopy, she ordered one immediately and within a week I was diagnosed with UC. One of my problems with Dr Wyman is that he was a GI to my great-grandmother when he first became a Dr. so everyone in my family thought he was just the best and was a great Dr. After being diagnosed I reviewed my symptoms and was just floored that they were not recognized by Dr. Wyman, they were completely textbook. He seemed fine as a person but I would not recommend him as a Dr.

Rating:
2 / 5 Bedside Manner
1 / 5 Knowledgeable
1 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. John Wyman of Madison, Wisconsin