• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Throat Spasms and anal pain

I have not been officially diagnosed yet, but believe its possible that I have Crohns, since I definetely have inflammatory GI issues and many food intolerances. We thought I had Celiac until recently - that is, until my genetic test came back negative and was told that Celiac was "extremely unlikely". I was diagnosed so many years ago with Celiac by an elimination diet, long before anyone in the US knew how to test for it. (A gluten + dairy + sugar free and low fat diet, plus added vitamins and minerals has helped to limit symptoms) However, I have two other unusual symptoms that seem to stump the doctors and am wondering now if they could be related to Crohns. (1) I always have a throat spasm when I take the first sip of any cola (not a burp, but more like my throat constricts and says to itself, "No Way!") - everyone thinks it's funny, but no one I have ever talked to has had this. (2) When I have a dietary slip-up and my GI tract flairs, I sometimes get a red hot sharp pain inside my rectum. It can happen night or day, but usually in the middle of the night. It is very painful and usually lasts several minutes. Any one else experience either of these two symptoms?

i hve spazims and hot pains in my rectum mine last a while to i thought this was due to my anal fissure?have you got one maybe?, tbh the throat thing could be possible, as cola isnt great for us at all apparently lol my throat does weird things when i drink fizzy drinks feels like a mini explosion half way down my throat and feels like its goin to close up, duno if this is the same xx