• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newby, needs to vent ,any thoughts

newby, needs to vent ,any thoughts

hello all just thought I'd drop a line and let you all know I am a new user to this forum and was dx'd with crohn's in 2008 and have not had any surgeries as of yet ya!!!
I am 43 years old and have a wife and 4 children the youngest is 5 and the oldest is 19.
I am having an attack right now and am at home as I am very weak and nauseous, I get the shakes if I try to do to much and am very tired.

My wife doesn't understand and is very short with me as I feel she doesn't understand.She is doing her best but unsure of what is happening.
I have been trying to deal with this on my own but am tired of being alone and having no one to vent to so I hope you all can understand that I just need to vent.
Thanks for listening
Lonny

the meds I am on right now are

azathioprine 175mg once daily
pentasa two 500mg tablets 4 times daily
entocort 3mg once daily
vit c 500 mg once daily
zinc 50mg once daily
O calcium 500mg once daily
vit D3 1000ui once daily
vit B12 1ml shot once every three months.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Lonny! On the forum, you'll always find someone who knows exactly what you are going through. I agree it can be challenging for those w/o IBD to fully understand. That's why I love the forum. No explaining necessary on here!

I am sorry you are struggling at the moment. Were you recently put on Entocort for this flare? Perhaps 3mg isn't doing the trick. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Jessi

Hi and welcome to the family, Lonny.

I know how hard this time may be for you, especially if you're dealing with it alone. This is a lot for our loved ones to handle, but you're not alone anymore. :hug:

You mentioned that you are weak. Have you seen your doctor since this flare began? How are your vitamin levels? Are you trying to stay hydrated?

Please try to be strong and take care of yourself. Also keep us posted whenever you have the strength to get on the computer. We are all here for you. Hang in there.

Hey lonny, you and I a close in demographics. 40 and married with five kids and one on the way. Other end of the country though :)

Jessi asked if you've seen the doctor, yah don't procrastinate.

Hope you're felling better soon.

Hi Lonny

Welcome to the forum! It can get pretty stressful trying to deal with the everyday when you're sick, as well as try to figure life out in your relationship. Has your wife got any kind of support? If she has someone she can get support from, maybe that'll help your relationship a bit?

Have you got a GI in Duncan, or do you travel to Victoria to see someone? You might want to get your bloodwork done and see if there's issues around iron, B12, and your inflammatory markers. As others have said, it might be time to step up the meds you're currently taking.

Wishing you well,

Kismet

I do have to go to victoria to see doctors,and have recently had blood work done. blood work came back good and saw the doc on friday and he assures me that I am on the right drugs and amounts but they have not been able to get past elium with colonoscopy to see what is going on so am in line again for another MRI but I don't think it will show anything as the last one didn't either. I think they need to get past the elium with scope to see for sure.Am feeling much better today so going to try to go back to work on Monday. thanks all for your thoughts it means a lot to hear from you all.

Hi Lonny,

I know exactly how you feel, my boyfriend is very short with me too, he thinks the Drs are crazy and I take to much meds! I feel so lonely at times and very depressed. My life is so limited at this moment. Hang in there, hope you feel better soon

Hi there Lonny. I know how you feel mate regards wife not understanding but glad you found the forum. My last colonoscopy they only got so far and the problem area is further than they managed to get. I am awaiting appointment for CT scan and had bloods taken so waiting to see what next step is. Hope you feel better soon and let us know how things go will you? Hope your work is understanding also.

tough times

lonny,

I am 45 with 2 kids so I know how hard it is to convey how you feel (when suffering a flare) to the ones you love.
My sister and brother also suffer from Crohns disease so this means my family don't think I have made the whole thing up.
My own wife has been brilliant and it would be a good idea for you to
sit your wife down and give her as much info. as you can about the disease.
Show her this site so she will realise it is a very common but secretive chronic disease.
Good Luck.

Charlie.