Share Facebook

10-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Jeff D.

Weird things

The past few days I've been sick with some sort of virus and my stomach has been funny as well. Just a minute ago I got tightness in my stomach and out comes some real chunky stool. When I went to feel it I had a bunch of hard bits in there and one of the bits is about an inch long and seems to look a little bit like a comb. I don't eat anything fibrous so I'm trying to figure out what I ate that caused this odd thing. I have a feeling that I'll get more of the same over the next little while...

Has anyone gotten something similar while ill with a virus? I wonder if it's a thick piece of mucous or something? What do y'all think? I hope everyone is doing well. God bless

Jeff
10-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
Nyx

My Support Groups:
Hi Jeff, nice to see you around again...although sad to hear you're not feeling well. I don't know what that could be, my stool's always pretty hard so I don't really see what's in mine these days. It could be anything. Do you eat fruits and veggies with the skins on? It could be some undigested skin.

Hope you feel better soon!

Crohn's Diagnosis: May 2006
Current meds: none
Surgeries: Colostomy, December 2009

"Never trust a fart." Jack Nicholson, The Bucket List

Oscar is awesome! Loving my life with my stoma (with a hint of poo)!!

10-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Lovely to see you again Jeff! I get some USO (unidentified shitting objects) in my stool, especially if I'm flaring. If you have a bug, it would cause inflammation, which could cause the USO's. Mine make nice diamond and square and geometric shapes. Very....very strange!!! Picasso would be fascinated...I'm NOT!

Take very, very good care of yourself. You can still flare (ask me how I know) and you need to be careful.

Please let us know how you are doing, and God Bless to you too!
DX Crohns Feb 2011, symtoms 1997, 2009 and then WHAM! Emergency surgery for perforated sigmoid, fistula through fallopian tube, septic and near dead: Colostomy-Stan was born 22/12/10. Another parastomal hernia, his name is Ollie and he is MONSTER size!
4gm Pentasa
6MP 50mg
10-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Jeff D.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome back! I've been lurking in my free time when I have a chance. I haven't had USO's since then but that was definitely a weird one. Yeah, the bug I had was real annoying. I may have also had a stomach bug as I didn't want to eat and got slightly nauseous when I did eat but with the bag it's so hard to tell sometimes.

Nyx, since I have an ileostomy mine isn't always hard, or rather it's never hard. It always seems to have some odd things come out but one that kind of looked like a comb has to be the weirdest I've seen so far.

I hope you all are doing well. God bless

Jeff
10-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
Dexky
To save time...Ask Dusty!

My Support Groups:
Hey Jeff!! Don't know anything about your USO's. Good to see you! How's school going???

EJ dx w/ Crohn's 12/09
PSC 3/10

No more 6mp
Currently in the Humira Club
10-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
25times

I'm sorry that I can't offer you any advice (I don't have a bag) but I just wanted to say that I'm a little jealous that you guys can just feel your poop without having to get a glove/deal with the smell from the toilet/get your hands all poopy. I'm not trying to offend anyone, as I'm sure it can be extremely hard having an ostomy. But I would love to be able to inspect my bowel movements without all the nasty stuff involved.
I know that's pretty gross hahaha but poop generally runs my life, so I'm very interested in mine lol

Have a good day everyone
Ovarian tumor (getting removed!)
Possible multiple sclerosis diagnosis

Remicade (With Benadryl)
Imuran
Tylenol 4
Zofran/Maxeran/Gravol
Baclofen
Nexium
Seroquel
10-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
ameslouise

Yes, Samantha, that is a bonus of having a bag!!! But sometimes it does take a while to identify those USOs!!!

Glad you're feeling better, Jeff! I had the stomach bug a few weeks ago - lasted 24 hours for most people I knew that got it - for me it went thru in about 6 hours and I was fine!!

- Ames