• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

You need to hear this

I have had Crohn's Disease since I was 15 and I am now 38. I have Remicade treatments every 8 weeks. I get my blood count checked very time I go. My SED Rate and Reactive Protein count is always high. This time when I got my treatment my Reactive Protein was .2 and .0 to .5 is normal, the time before that it was .5 which was also in the normal range. Also MY Sed Rate was 19 and normal is 0-20. It has never been normal. Both counts show inflammation in your body and my is now normal. I also noticed back in the middle of summer I usually have at least 8 of my counts that are either to high or to low and in August I only had 3 that were either to high or to low. This time I still had 3 either to high or to low but 2 of them are almost normal. The only thing I have been doing different is drinking GREEN TEA!! My daughter also has Crohns and she gets the same treatments so I have been having her drink it to and her counts are getting better.

Sincerely
April Plunkett

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Welcome to the forum! Green tea is a wonderful antioxident. I was a major green tea drinker but it didn't do anything for me, I wished it did. I found with green tea and some tap water can cause kidney stones... since I stopped drinking green tea my stones have never reappeared. I just know that you have to do what is right for you and what works. So glad you joined us.

Pen,
I only drink one a day and I also read that white tea is even better than the green tea which comes from the same plant just picked sooner.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi April and welcome! Wow, that is pretty interesting. Hey, it's obviously working for you, so keep it up!

Best of luck to you!