Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Rory Harvey of Bedford, United Kingdom

Old 10-20-2011, 03:45 PM
NameDr. Rory Harvey
AddressThe Manor Hospital, Biddenham
 Bedford, United Kingdom
 Europe
Websitehttp://www.bedfordhospital.nhs.uk/upload_folder/consultant%20profiles/harvey%20rory.pdf
PhoneUnknown
BioDr Rory Harvey qualified from Middlesex/University College Hospital in 1987. He trained in
medicine and gastroenterology from 1990 and undertook GI research with Professor Sir
Richard Thompson at St Thomas’ Hospital.

Dr Harvey was appointed as a consultant gastroenterologist at Bedford Hospital in 1999, his
main work focuses are therapeutic endoscopy and cancer services. He is also the clinical
lead for the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme in Bedfordshire, and undertakes screening
endoscopies in Bedford and Luton and Dunstable Hospitals.

Dr Harvey was also appointed as the medical director of the Anglia Cancer Network in 2009
and has subsequently led a successful public consultation for the regional reconfiguration of
pancreatic cancer surgery. He works closely with the network clinical leads for all tumour
groups aligning their work programs with network and national aims. He is also the chair of
the regional bowel cancer awareness steering group.
 View Directory Entry
10-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
hannah-rose
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Dr Rory Harvey might actually be the nicest man I've ever met, and most importantly I trust him completely as my Consultant and have absolute faith in his medical knowledge.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
4 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
4 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Diagnosed 2011
Current meds: 6MP and plenty of exercise!
Previous meds: Metronidazole, Infliximab, Humira, Azathioprine

Last edited by hannah-rose; 03-02-2013 at 03:11 AM.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Rory Harvey of Bedford, United Kingdom