• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Juicer Review

I am looking for a juicer that will remove the most pulp possible, while extracting as much juice as possible.

Reading the online reviews has been difficult because many people view the roughage as a benefit. If I were healthy I would agree, sadly my GI system is waging a war with fiber (fiber is losing badly).

Can you please tell me:

1) What brand of juicer you own,
2) How effectively it extracts juice from the pulp, and
3) How effectively it extracts the pulp from the juice ;)

Thank you :heart:

Side note: I was looking at my husband's tomatoes with ravenous envy the other day. I need something fresh desperately!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I use the Jack Lalane jucier but not for smoothies, we make apple cider and juice , there is NO pulp in it at all. I have a bullet but havent had the chance to use it but it has pulp, and makes tasty smoothies.

You can't have any fibre??

Thank you Pen,

Right now, even the smallest bit of fiber is making me sick and putting me in severe pain. I have been living off basmati rice, soy milk and bananas. I had some melon today, but it didn't go over too well.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I am not a fan of melon, only watermelon. The Jack Lalane jucier is your best bet.. but I got it on sale. You must be in a bad flare! I can't drink soy, makes me ill. Have you tried Ensure? There is Isopure too and not sure it is in the States. You need nutrients to ward off flares. Good luck and let me know what you find.

http://www.powerjuicer.com/ I have the stainless steel one. The original price here is $132.00 CA

I have a Breville JuiceFountain Elite and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It's the same one used in the documentary, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". There is absolutely no fiber in the juice. Plus, it is very easy to clean which means I'll use it more often. It also has a wide chute so I don't have to chop any veggies. I'm lazy and if its hard to operate or clean, I won't use it. Juicing has absolutely transformed me. Everyone that sees me is shocked in how much energy and how good I look.

Most juicers remove the pulp, even the cheaper ones. It's the blenders that'll do you in.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Yes mine does have a wide shoot too...my crazy husband peeled all the apples and took out the core... he realized you don't apple core and all and pure clear juice. We compost the fibre. You buy cheap you get cheap.

You can always filter/strain it through cheesecloth.

My first juice was a single auger masticating juicer that worked brilliantly,
It was a "compact multi-purpose juicer and mincer" from tohealth.com.au.
It was great but i broke one part twice (possibly by incorrect assembly on my part) and the part was replaced twice under warranty, no questions asked.

I sold it and bought a second hand Greenpower Hippocrates Juicer twin auger (also a slow masticating juicer) but i found it not as easy to use, not as easy to clean and not as tasty.

I sold that and bought a hurom slow juicer which is great for fruit but has too much (way too much) pulp with carrots so i'm selling it and going back to the "compact multi-purpose juicer and mincer" or a Lexsun mark two if i can afford it.

I wouldn't buy one of the centrifugal ones (cheap and noisy), the juice starts oxidising straight away.

Last edited:
I have the Breville Juice Fountain. Love it. Easy clean up (dishwasher). Tip: put a plastic bag in the refuse container for the pulp. Eliminates clean up .

After finding the Juicer threads and getting excited at the prospect, I decided to do some research. The consensus is that juicers from Omega/Hurom are the best for several reasons (the quality of the juice that is extracted is important as well as yield). They are pricey but worth it. I think I am going to go for the omega j8006.