• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sex with crohns

Hello fellow cronies,
I am new to the forum and still learning navigation. Couldn't figure out how to search for specific topics. Regardless, I have some very personl questions about crohns and sex life.
I was diagnosed at 17. I am now 24. I am married and have just had my first child almost 6 months ago. Sex feels very good to me and I have always enjoyed it, but I cannot orgasm. This may just be a personal problem but I was wondering if anyone else has struggled in the same way.
My reasoning for thinking my crohns may play a part is I have read crohns delays sexual growth and sexual maturity. When my husband and I have sex and I feel pleasures on my g spot, it gets intense, I feel a build up and then I get the chills and my crohns pains hit me extremely hard. So bad I cannot continue. I feel very disappointed that I can't orgasm for my own husband (or myself for that matter).
When I was first exploring my sexuality as a teenager (17) I made myself cum by clitoris. Shortly after that I became very Ill, got diagnosed with severe crohns disease and have been fighting it ever since. I have had long periods of flare ups and long periods in remission.
Since I have been diagnosed I cannot cum by either g spot or clitoris by my husband or myself. I can go through the motions and please my husband but when it comes to me I feel the build up and then the pains come so strong and there is not release. Has anyone struggled with a similar problem? Has anyone had trouble orgasming or the pain been too unbearable to climax? I'm 24 and no guy has ever been able to make me orgasm before chills swarm my body and then that familiar crohns burning of intestines hits me so hard. This pain before orgasm happens in both periods of flare ups and remission.
FYI, I usually get the chills repeatedly during flare ups.
What is wrong with me?! Please Give me input anything can help! Thanks a lot guys.

Astra

Hiya Lee
and welcome

Have you spoken to a gynae?
I always harp on about endometriosis on this forum but there is a corellation with Crohn's. If you search our forumwiki for endometriosis you will find some info.
Another thing that might be happening is an overgrowth of yeast called Candida.
Read about it here

http://www.candidafree.net/resource_35.htm
for such a treatable condition, it causes so many problems!
good luck
Joan xxx

Well. I have had to modify positions used as my abdomen often cannot tolerate any pressure on it whether I am in active pain or not.

And honestly, if you are in any pain that is most likely the reason you are having difficulty acheiving orgasm - not any deficiency or failing on your part or his for that matter. Also the fact that you can now anticipate the pain arriving can also impact your orgasm.

Go to an OBGYN and have them check everything out. I had a raging case of endometriosis that no one knew about until my hysterectomy so its not easy to tell if you are having additional problems to the Crohn's.

A gynaecologist can help to treat any physical reason you cannot achieve orgasm and a psychosexual therapist can treat any psychological reason. It must be either physical or psychological or perhaps a combination of both, either way, there are trained medical professionals out there who can help you.

Hmm I know this is super-personal but are you able to orgasm othrwise-like if you and your husband try another position so that you aren't getting pressure on your abdomen? I had this problem, and what I thought was Crohn's pain turned out to be a uterine fibroid, as well as cysts on my ovaries. Time for the OB/GYN-we all hate it but we need them.