Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Where is everyone?

10-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Where is everyone?

Cindy posted this a few months back. And I'm wondering where everyone is? I am hoping all of you are sooooo enjoying life that you are busy. I'm also wondering if I should disappear if thats the issue?

Come out come out where ever you are......?
DX Crohns Feb 2011, symtoms 1997, 2009 and then WHAM! Emergency surgery for perforated sigmoid, fistula through fallopian tube, septic and near dead: Colostomy-Stan was born 22/12/10. Another parastomal hernia, his name is Ollie and he is MONSTER size!
4gm Pentasa
6MP 50mg
10-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Nyx

My Support Groups:
I"m still kicking around...lol I have my moments of posting every day and then I go for a few without posting anything. I'm off of school this week so you'll likely see me more this week

Crohn's Diagnosis: May 2006
Current meds: none
Surgeries: Colostomy, December 2009

"Never trust a fart." Jack Nicholson, The Bucket List

Oscar is awesome! Loving my life with my stoma (with a hint of poo)!!

10-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Cindy, YOU are one of the people who kept me sane, and positive when I was near death and facing my ostomy. I just wanted to say so!

I'm glad you are still here!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
10-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Nyx

My Support Groups:
It's nice to hear that I helped you! This forum was a Godsend for me after my surgery too...so many wonderful people here...
10-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
Astra

My Support Groups:
Hiya Misty & Cindy

I'm here!
Well I am in spirit, me body's in a coma!
It's difficult to spend time on here what with work and everything.
lotsa luv
xxx

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

10-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
It's nice to hear that I helped you! This forum was a Godsend for me after my surgery too...so many wonderful people here...
You helped me in so many way Cindy I cant put it into words. I'm so grateful for you and the many people on here, especially this subforum for everything.
10-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Hiya Misty & Cindy

I'm here!
Well I am in spirit, me body's in a coma!
It's difficult to spend time on here what with work and everything.
lotsa luv
xxx
Joan...you are a case!!! Of whoop ass! And your spirit keeps alot of us going! Thank you! For all you do! Smooooooch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Astra

My Support Groups:
Mwah back atcha hun!
xxx
10-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Pfttt you are NOT leaving!

'You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future.'

Diagnosed with Crohn's colitis aged 9, 1992.

Panproctocolectomy and terminal end ileostomy October 2011.
10-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #10
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

Hey Misty I met Cindy 2 years ago Easter Sunday, met her and her fiance...she is so nice and her fiance too great conversation and food!

Next Aug I am hoping Joanie don't stand me up and not come visit next year...I will be heartbroken. ** sniff ** ;LOL:
11-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #11
Gav

My Support Groups:
I'm sure people wouldn't leave because you are about Misty! You try to help out everyone with your posts and you cheer up so many people who are going through tough times! Don't try and leave us or we will all come after you!

If people have dissapeared, I'd say it was because they are off out enjoying life as you say!

Gav
11-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #12
Jimena

My Support Groups:

Now when i'm off of work, i have time to read and write here, and in Finnish Crohn's forum. I write and read lot more when i'm ill
Colon removal and ileostomy 2015 -> So far so good

And after every stoma surgery, nasty Pyoderma Gangrenosum around my stoma.
11-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #13
LOSTnut
Poopy

I'm here toooooo and check the posts every morning before work as much as I can.
Ha -- nobody is leaving this forum, too much good information to pass up and one never knows what the next day brings with Crohn's, stomas, hernias and fistulas, etc. anyways.

Love y'all

Diagnosed: April 2005

Back on Asacol

Dec 2010: colostomy/resection - failed
Jan 2011: Ileostomy
Resection planned for: sometime
11-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Hey Misty I met Cindy 2 years ago Easter Sunday, met her and her fiance...she is so nice and her fiance too great conversation and food!

Next Aug I am hoping Joanie don't stand me up and not come visit next year...I will be heartbroken. ** sniff ** ;LOL:
Lucky you! (hope Oscar behaved?) I hope you get to meet Joan too, I bet she is a right hoot!
11-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
I'm sure people wouldn't leave because you are about Misty! You try to help out everyone with your posts and you cheer up so many people who are going through tough times! Don't try and leave us or we will all come after you!

If people have dissapeared, I'd say it was because they are off out enjoying life as you say!

Gav
I DO hope they are enjoying themselves!!! I have been off this week and getting bored as I was SUPPOSED to be going to meet my Dad in Las Vegas. But I couldnt get health coverage to go over there with an active flare. My xmas shopping is done, so boredom. Perhaps I should take up another hobby. After all, stinking up the bathroom is sooo overdone already!!
11-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
Terriernut

My Support Groups:

Now when i'm off of work, i have time to read and write here, and in Finnish Crohn's forum. I write and read lot more when i'm ill
Glad you're here! Sorry you are ill! Your english is fine by the way. Native english speakers have trouble with the language, and you should hear my German!
11-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #17
CrohnsGA

Cindy posted this a few months back. And I'm wondering where everyone is? I am hoping all of you are sooooo enjoying life that you are busy. I'm also wondering if I should disappear if thats the issue?

Come out come out where ever you are......?

I'm still here. Still trying to find the right appliance for me. I am trying out CyMed's now. I am just over 2 1/2 months post op.
Not sure which system is going to work best for me.

CrohnsGA (Gwen)

Diagnosed: 1989 w/Crohn's Disease @ age of 27
Married with 2 children
Current Meds: Remicade, 6MP, Flagyl, Vit B12 injections,
Phenergan (prn)

Numerous fissurectomies, fistulae, abcesses drained ......
anal stricture.
Loop Ileostomy placed: Aug 19, 2011
11-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #18
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'm here Terrinut! I've been battling a terrible flare for several months, but I try to pop in once or twice a week.

I've been wondering about you, too! Glad to see you, no disappearing lol, you guys doing well are so needed to give us support and hope.

I WILL STAY STRONG
I WILL FIGHT
I WILL WIN

Current Meds: Cimzia, Methotrexate, Prevacid, Sertraline, Nortryptaline, Prednisone, Atenelol
11-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #19
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
I'm still here. Still trying to find the right appliance for me. I am trying out CyMed's now. I am just over 2 1/2 months post op.
Not sure which system is going to work best for me.
Its definetely trial and error for all of us I'm afraid. Dont be bashful! We've all been through the appliance merry go round.
11-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #20
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
I'm here Terrinut! I've been battling a terrible flare for several months, but I try to pop in once or twice a week.

I've been wondering about you, too! Glad to see you, no disappearing lol, you guys doing well are so needed to give us support and hope.
So sorry about your flare! Flaring here too. It's the shits. Pardon the pun!
11-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #21
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
So sorry about your flare! Flaring here too. It's the shits. Pardon the pun!
Hahaha! Sorry your sick Terri-but thanks for the laugh!
11-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #22
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You should come over and see me if you're bored, Misty!! Debbie is coming again tomorrow morning.
11-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #23
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
You should come over and see me if you're bored, Misty!! Debbie is coming again tomorrow morning.
I was just waiting for you to say so!!! I knew you were poorly and didnt want to disturb your beauty sleep.

Oh, take a pain killer BEFORE she removes those stitches tomorrow. (it hurts!)
11-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
On!! I didn't realise I hadn't said so! I'm saying so now lol. OFICALLY SAID SO.

Oh great :/. She called me up today and then started asking me all these questions about how I was and stuff. Isn't that the point of her coming to see me? Lol
11-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #25
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:

Hei hei Jimena!...my Mother is from Finland - unfortunately I don't speak much Finnish at all!

Kiitos!

oh - and to get back to the thread - yes, I'm here - just VERY busy - been reading posts when I can and answering here and there.....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
11-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #26
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
On!! I didn't realise I hadn't said so! I'm saying so now lol. OFICALLY SAID SO.

Oh great :/. She called me up today and then started asking me all these questions about how I was and stuff. Isn't that the point of her coming to see me? Lol
Thats cause they get so distracted! Its not a bad idea to keep a list of things to ask her. Cause WE get distracted. Never mind sleepy (or was it just me?) What time is she coming tomorrow?
11-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #27
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hmm she just said late morning. Hopefully late enough so I have time to have to shower. She likes looking at my bum lol.

I get sleepy too. I didn't even have a nap yesterday and today I'm so tired that I've slept most of the day lol.

But anyway. Come whenever you like! Unless it's really early in the morning of course haha.
11-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #28
matty

i haven't posted much as still battling my fissure. I'm on a fissure support group so that's where i've been. I will always come back here as there is so much support here.
11-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #29
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Michelle, ANYONE would like looking at your bum! (us girls in envy of course)

I dont do early mornings. I have to give my wrinkle cream time to work.
I have an appt at 11.00 for a facelift (CACI) hope it works. After that I'll come by with some bling for you to brighten your day!
11-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #30
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

Hey Misty , I have relatives in England , my mom was just there last fall, so some day I may swim over the pond and come visit ya or if you are ever in Canada...you will find me.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Where is everyone?