Share Facebook

11-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
barmybev

My Support Groups:
Fistulotomy

Hi, I have recently changed hospitals and I have been told I need to have a fistulotomy to find out where my fistula's started. I know that dye has to be put in to one of the fistula's, but how do they get it in there, mine are so tiny like pin prcks also, does it hurt (please be honest) thanks so much. Bev
Diagnosed with Crohns 34 yrs.'' ago aged 13 surgery in 93 right Hemicolectomy. had full remission till 2008 had another surgery in 2009 & had a temp stoma. 2010 had stoma reversed back. Then had 4enterocutaneous fistula's. tried Remi & Humira to no avail ended up having surgery again in Jan 13, 4, small bowel resections, gallbladder taken out, Fistulas all removed & given a permenant Ileostomy

I may not be where I need to be but,
I thank God Im not where I use to be
11-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
exit4

My Support Groups:
Does not sound ok to me...fistulotomy to locate fistula? How about Xray first. I know docs can investigate by sticking a probe while you are sedated. You do not feel anything, hence sedation. I would find out first where it starts before going under the knife, there are many non surgical options to close fistula- Cypro, Flagyl, Remicade, plugs, glue. Do not rush in to surgery - I had fistulatomy 2 1/2 years ego and my cut did not heal properly - I now have a key hole deformity at my anal verge and I am leaking post bm.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning how to dance in the rain.