• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Negative Biopsy

Hello all!! I am new to this forum and to UC. I have had bowel issues for the past 3 years, "flare ups" of chronic diarrhea (10ish times a day), mouth ulcers, itchy skin, fatigue, anxiety, depression, horrible abdominal cramping, loss of appetite, bloating, weight loss.. you name it I've had it. I had my 2nd colonoscopy in 2 years done 2 weeks ago and my gastro doc told me my "biopsy was negative" for UC and Crohns. My uncle has severe Crohn's and one of the reasons for the colonoscopy, etc. was to rule out crohns.

However, he said I DO have colitis but hes "not sure how bad, what kind,etc". I went on a round of antibiotics(Cipro) because my entire lg intestine was infected and really vascularized. After the round of antibiotics, my diarrhea has decreased a lot, but i am still having blood/mucus in stool and abdominal cramping, hard time eating anything, etc.

Has anyone been diagnosed with UC even WITH negative biopsies? Any advice? I am a 21 year old otherwise healthy college student and I have no clue where to go from here.