Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Ian Roberts-Thomson of Woodville West., South Australia

Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 PM
NameDr. Ian Roberts-Thomson
AddressThe Queen Elizabeth Hospital, 28 Woodville Road.
 Woodville West., South Australia, 5011
 Australia
Websitehttp://www.tqeh.sa.gov.au/
Phone(08) 82226000
BioHead Professor of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department at TQEH
 View Directory Entry
03-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Anonymous
Anonymous Doctor Reviewer

This doctor is a despicable old doctor who should be retired immediately. I saw him for a second opinion after confusion and denial with my original diagnosis and was hoping to get at least somekind of advice and assistance in dealing with my diagnosis and situation. Instead he dismissed all my results and said I had nothing wrong with me and only had IBS, despite my colonoscopies coming up as positive for IBD. Even when he read that he made up some crap about that not meaning anything. I;m sure he has done good in his field over the years and some people really respect him as their doctor. But this guy does not take real concerns seriously. He told me I only had IBS back in July 2011 and it would definitely go away as it was not Crohns. Here we are in March 2012 and I have still had multiple flares and constant symptoms. I have no idea why he treated me so poorly and tried undiagnosing me and taking me off all my medication. Needless to say I have gone back to my original GI and things are starting to look brighter. My opinion of this guy could not be worse as he treated my health like it was a joke to him and nobody does that about me without losing any respect I might have ever had for them. Definitely do not go to this doctor if you can avoid it. There are plenty more new, more educated, compassionate doctors. This guy is an old codger with a smug superiority complex and a burntout compassion-less bedside manner. Some of these old doctors are living in the past fixed in a state of old science and not upto date. My other GI is way more educated on IBD and has much more tips and advice and is good at helping. Thankgod I had the sense to revert back to him. But yeah, thumbs down for this guy. I think he actually made me cry after one of his visits and I'm a bloke and don't cry much. Yeah he was that shit. I hope he remembers who I am if he ever reads this and he should be ashamed of himself. Even the ER doctors and nurses in the hospital he works at told me he is useless, I should have taken their warnings!

Rating:
1 / 5 Bedside Manner
2 / 5 Knowledgeable
1 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
4 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Ian Roberts-Thomson of Woodville West., South Australia