Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » ARGH! not again...

03-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
Methofelis

ARGH! not again...

Well...

I'm just going to go ahead and mutter a bit here, since nobody I know seems to get what is going on with me in my circle of people.

I had one of the worst flare-ups yet at the end of January. For about two weeks, I finally started to feel myself again... until today. I can feel the pain creeping up on me again. I spent another hour in the bathroom this morning. I'm at work now, but god if I know how much longer I can stand this. I don't want to go back into the hospital and hear another nurse exclaim loudly "Your colon is the size of a football! WOW!"
Yeah lady, I know. It just so happens to be in me, kinda hard to miss these things.

I'm tired of this! Two weeks just isn't enough, you know? Now my hands are shaking like crazy for some reason. My joints have been buggy and insane since about half-way through my time with the illness (about fourteen years, but only now getting bad bad)

Sorry. I'm just exhausted.
03-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
Kev

My Support Groups:
God Bless.. No need to apologize. Try to get some rest. Let us know how it goes

Dx'd July, 2006
Meds: Flagyl, Cipro, Pred, AZA.. to no effect
Low Dose Naltrexone Nov 2007 - May 2014
Remicade June 17th, 2014
03-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
vickyoddsocks
wears odd socks

Dont be sorry. We know how you feel.
Sometimes it just seems to never end, just as you think your getting better, crohns rears its ugly head again! Try to remember that it will settle down again one day, and it might just be a case of sitting it out.
Take care, thinking of you.
03-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
Methofelis

Kev said:
God Bless.. No need to apologize. Try to get some rest. Let us know how it goes
Thank you. Slowly but surely, it is building strength. I'm doing the best I can.

vickyoddsocks said:
Dont be sorry. We know how you feel.
Sometimes it just seems to never end, just as you think your getting better, crohns rears its ugly head again! Try to remember that it will settle down again one day, and it might just be a case of sitting it out.
Take care, thinking of you.
Thank you, too. I know that it will pass -- hopefully. I'm afraid of getting to the point where the flare-ups are the norm... and the remissions are nearly non-existent. I'm still holding out hope, though.

Last edited by Methofelis; 03-07-2008 at 09:50 PM.
03-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
Kev

My Support Groups:
Yeah, I'm not keen on hospital stays either... both from a psychological point of view (kind of like... well, the disease is winning) AND from a perfectly 'realistic' one (hospitals are just full of nasty bugs... and even the 'pros' make mistakes). But, if one can put aside those... whenever my illness has forced me to go, I've always come out (despite my concerns going in) feeling better. And not just physically. I think the care, attention, maybe even just the 'validation' that my disease IS all too real... Welll, it sort of akin to having my various 'batteries' recharged. I know it may feel like a step backward at first, but (if it were me) if your condition continues to trend downward, maybe a trip to the hospital is the 'right' move for you. Perhaps even earlier than you would normally consider it. I guess what I'm trying to suggest is that, if whatever you are doing now isn't improving things, it's time to change it... Maybe a couple of days of their care WILL be the impetus your body needs to turn things around for a change. The thing of it is, whether one looks at it emotionally, practically, just mentally, you WILL be actively doing something to try to change the status quo. Sometimes just the ATTEMPT makes one feel better, regardless of the longterm outcome.

I mean, you are exhausted... Perhaps some TLC (hey, it could happen) at the hospital is just the 'vacation' you need. I mean, unlike us 'Crazy Canucks', the people in Florida... they are already there, they can't fly to Florida for a winter vacation. Which raises the question, where do Floridans go for a vacation????
03-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
Methofelis

I know going in might be better. On some level, I want to ... but, as you stated, the mental-emotional fears always get triggered at this point.

The hospital is my only choice every time, though -- I have no doctor, no insurance. Trying desperately to get on the state-run Medicaid, but my chances (despite two chronic and dangerous illnesses!) are slim. I'm 'too young' to be sick, so they assume.

Ah, where do we Floridians go ... I escaped to Europe once, but my favorite place to go will always be San Francisco.

Perhaps we'll all come and invade Canada. Sadly, we're wimps and will freeze to death, but we will leave nice tanned ice statues.
03-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
Methofelis

I just got out of the hospital about an hour ago. I'm so loaded with Vicodin, steriods and Morphine that I'm not sure what is up or down. They treated me like total sh!#, left me in my room for hours writhing, and when I told them that Morphine made me sick they gave it to me anyway. I'm so angry and frustrated with these people...
They even had the audacity to say it must be the 'stomach flu!' I told them that THEY were the ones that gave me the diagnosis of Crohn's, to which I got the reply of 'oh. Whoops.' Yeah. WHOOPS.

AHH

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » ARGH! not again...