• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

In pain again...

in pain again...

Hello everybody...

I'm 1 week away from my 5th remicade treatment, Whenever I get around 10 to a week away I start having terrible pains again. It's so terrific to be 7 weeks without any pains that when this starts it's a real hell!!!

Anybody else have this situation?

I'm seeing my doctor 2 days after the treatment. I hope he can make some adjustments to help me out with that last week or so.

Jessi

Hey, Moogie. It sounds like you may be a candidate for infusions every 7 weeks. Ask your doctor. I know several people that have had to move theirs closer together. Good luck. :hug:

When I initially started remicade I was getting it every 5 or 6 weeks I think. I gradually spaced out my infusions to the usual 8 weeks over a while, and eventually never had any symptoms. Like the poster above said, I'd ask your Dr. about an infusion every 7 weeks.

The effects of my Remicade treatments are lasting only 3 out of the 8 weeks. This is even after my doctor doubled the dose. It's been depressing, especially since Remi started working so quickly when I first started it. It worked perfectly for 3 months, and then stopped being as effective. I think I'm on my 6th infusion now. Might have to increase the frequency.

To have a drug work so well and then stop working so well so quickly has made me a little bitter, to be honest.

I've had it changed to 6 weeks for the next three infusions. Doctor wants to see how things will go from there. I think i will be in heaven!!!

Ok so I just got my 6th infusion this last friday. I got it before things started to get bad. And boy is this great. three days later and I feel even better than usual. I think getting it every 6 weeks will be great for me.

God I love this medicine, Up your a$$ Crohn's MOuahahahahahahahaha

Sorry I just took my pill I'll be ok :)

Awesome! My remi infusion is tomorrow, I've been feeling like crap for about 2 weeks so I'm super excited! I will probably need to go on maintenance meds or up my schedule to every 6 wks....GI appt Feb. 7, we'll see what he says.

Glad you're feeling so much better between doses!

I guess it's important to adjust the dosage for everybody.

Once that is done this drug really works wonders.