• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help Wanted Please

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm experiencing quite bad joint pain in my hands and legs (every joint aches and I'm walking like Woody from Toy Story").

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, could you please tell me what helps.

I've tried Tramadol, Co-Codamol and even wearing fingerless gloves all day.

Obviously I can't take Ibuprofen so was wondering if there's anything else I can take/do to clear this up. :ybatty:

Thanks guys,

Hi, in the past during quite bad flare ups i had really sore and stiff knee's, to the point that i could hardly walk. are you on any crohns meds at the moment? In my case my joints absolutley ached along with other crohns symptoms, and then when i was given prednisolone and a new crohns med to try the joint pain along with other symptoms would go away. Is it possible your having some sort of flare up? I guess the cold weather wont exactly be helping things either!

Hiya, I don't think I'm having a flare up as other than the pain I feel fine at the moment. I'm due some test results on Friday though so maybe it's stress that's affecting my crohns.

I'm not really on any special meds specifically for crohns just now. My doctor took me off azathoiprine in February as I was going in for major surgery and hasn't put me back on yet.

What meds did you get for your Crohns that seemed to help?

What are you taking the omeprazole for, can you stop taking it for a while? It gives me horrendous joint pains such that I cannot walk and painkillers just didn't touch it.

Hi Beth, I take omeprazole as I also have a hiatus hernia. If I stop this tablet I get the most horrendous acid reflux and can be sick, which can then bring on a flare up.

I'm fed up going to the doctor just to be told "it's your crohns". Been getting that for years so glad I found this forum