• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello people!

Hi everyone,

this year i was diagnosed with a mild case of Crohns disease. i have had this all my life but have been misdiagnosed. when the doctor told me of my condition it all made sense.

since then i have been a little down as being in sales and having to travel a lot really isn't great when you have this disease.

i have stumbled across this site and its actually really encouraging to read everyone's own story regarding the illness. i feel like a bit of a fool as my illness is not as half as serious as others and i get depressed over my situation. (time to man up i think).

anyway i need to start planning my life around the illness and am interested to know what foods work best. i am an active person that goes to the gym and plays plenty of sports so need to be eating things that give me energy and not to much aggravation. any feedback would be great.

thank you for listening and hopefully i'll hear from some of you soon.

Eddie:)

Jessi

Hi Eddie! Welcome to the forum. Depression is a big part of this disease, even if you think yours is less severe than others. It's okay to mourn. Your body is going through quite a lot! I'm glad that you were finally diagnosed. Are you taking any medication? How are you feeling currently?

As far as foods go, everyone is so different. You may want to try different foods and record in a journal how each is affecting you. However, we do have a Fitness and Diet forum that may give you some insight. http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17 This is also a great place to find others who enjoy being active, and learn how they get along. :)

I'm really glad you stumbled on this site, and I know you'll find a lot of support here. :hug:

Hi welcome :)

Reactions to food are different for everyone. For me some days I can still eat what I would consider to be a "safe food" and may still have pain.

Also never feel like a fool. No matter how mild or severe your Crohns may be, it still has a big impact on anyones life who has it.

Thank you

thanks for the support so quickly!! ha

i am currently taking 4grams of Mesalazine a day. this seems to have calmed my condition down, however there are a few days where i just feel really lethargic

Jessi

Lethargy is also common. Sometimes it's due to a vitamin deficiency. Crohnies don't easily absorb vitamins. I'm glad you're feeling mostly well. :D I hope you stick around and make some good friends here.