• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's for 40 years - diagnosed at 11.

I have been pretty fortunate with the disease. Multiple obstructions, surgeries, etc., but able to lead a full life. Presently on Remicade, Mercaptopurine, and a maintenance dose of Prednisone. In remission for the past five years.

Welcome David. Looking forward to your knowledge and experiences. When you were diagnosed there was very little they could do.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome to the forum, David! That is wonderful news that you are in remission. Are there plans to come off the pred? How many mgs is your "maintenance dose"? You know you have to watch those side effects; long term use isn't the best idea. Don't you think Remicade & Mercaptopurine alone can keep you in remission?

I hope you continue to feel good!

David

Co-Founder
Hi David, a most sincere welcome to you. I'm curious what your maintenance dose of prednisone is as well :) Are you on any supplements such as vitamin B12?

All my best to you!

Jessi

Hi David! Welcome! Yay that you've been in remission for so long! I hope it continues for a long long time. :)