• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A question for the Canucks

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
So I am almost out of the supplies that I managed to wrangle andfinesse out of the gov't, hospital and various medical supply companies.

At this point I think that I will run out sometime near mid January (I think that's pretty good considering surgery was in June).

Where do you buy your supplies?

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
Thanks, I've checked into it, apparently the closest Home Healthcare is on the other side of the city. I guess if I go every couple months and stock up it won't be so bad.

Terriernut

Cant you order by phone Jason? And they send by post? (sorry, I am not a Canuck...by am a lifelong hockey fan..and therefore speak with some canadian accent...so, sorry, I just asked if you could maybe do that to order supplies, that way you wouldnt have to drive ooot and abooot to get them)
:ybiggrin:

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
I'm looking into delivery but my place is located in an odd area and it always takes a couple attempts for things to get delivered and then I either need to reroute them to work or pick them up at the depot. I can't even get pizza properly delivered.

If I knew how to drive it wouldn't be so bad. I might see if the Shoppers near me will special order them.

Terriernut

Ah. I got me a parcel box to help with deliveries. However, when I was in the middle of nowhere....well, that didnt help much.

The parcel box is great by the way, its lockable and they dont have to knock on your door at odd hours. Its lockable, and has a code so they dont need a signature. All my stoma supplies and my prescriptions are delivered there, so they dont need to bother me, or my poor neighbours.

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
My apartment is on a major street, but I share the address with a coffee shop. I live behind and below it. The issue is my place can only be accessed from behind by going down an alley way.

Nyx

I know that Shoppers Home Heathcare delivers...I think if you call them and tell them about your delivery issue you can probably work it out with them. There's also a medical supply store on Bathurst St...

http://www.starkmanshealth.com/

Not sure if that's any better for you or not. I've gotten supplies from them as well. They're actually a bit cheaper than Shoppers.

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
Nyx, that is actually quite convenient. That's about 45 minutes on foot, well it would be if I wasn't a lazy bastard.

I live 35 min (by car) from a Shoppers Home Health and they delivered for me all the time, no problems. Mind you my place was relatively easy to find.
They also offer an ostomy discount that you can sign up for. Plus get an optimum card and you get points for all that money you spend on supplies, you can use the points for anything in the store. They add up quick.
I would def look into them delivering to the nearest Shopper's, they usually bend over backward to get your ostomy business.

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
I only know of one Rexall downtown and they are pretty small.

But the Shoppers near me is great, the pharmacist is a very delightful woman who share too much information about herself.