Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » Pentasa and Muscle Cramps

11-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #1
n00b

My Support Groups:
Pentasa and Muscle Cramps

I have been taking Pentasa for the past 9 months no problem what so ever.

I have been good and bad with my Crohns and of late I have been in total remission and feeling great.

However over the past day or two I have had really bad cramp type pains in my left calf muscle.
The muscle is really tender just like after when you do get cramp al night or something but I have not had cramp.

I just wondered if it could be something to do with the meds or just one of those things??
11-22-2011, 04:20 AM   #2
Stillindenial

My Support Groups:
nOOb Funny things but I'm also newly 9 months or so...on Pentasa (pentacol in my case) and been getting lots of leg cramps too. The leaflet does not mention these as a side effect of Pentasa. Maybe we should let the pharm company know.
11-24-2011, 05:05 AM   #3
n00b

My Support Groups:
Just an update.

I went to my GP and he told me this has nothing to do with the Pentasa. It is far too isolated to be connected to a reaction of the meds.

He seemed to think it was a tear/pull of the muscle..just wish I could rememeber how/when I done that!!!!

Bloody painful as well
11-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Astra

My Support Groups:
I'm on Pentasa and sometimes have cramp, but it's not the meds, it's dehydration, low sodium, low potassium.
So drink tons of water, eat some bananas and up your electrolytes with Dioralyte from the chemist.
good luck
xxx

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » Pentasa and Muscle Cramps