Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Pain that sends you to ER

View Poll Results: Where does the pain manifest itself causing you to go to ER?
Muscles and tendons 1 4.00%
Joints 0 0%
Bowel 22 88.00%
Combination of the above 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

11-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
Gue33

Pain that sends you to ER

I've been forced to go to ER twice now because of joint, muscle, tendon pain. They can't find arthritis of any kind yet. Wondering how many of us end up at ER for pain that can't be diagnosed and what where does the pain manifest itself?
11-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
kllyeve

My Support Groups:
If its not bowel pain, I usually just suffer/ take tramacet/ hug my heating pad. If the overall aches and pains are really getting to me I climb in a very hot bath for awhile which seems to really help.
11-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
Sybil Vane
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I've gone for obstruction pain--the type that comes in awful waves like labor. I average about 4-6 partial small bowel obstructions a year. I wait for 10 or so hours to see if it will resolve on its own, and if it doesn't, I go to the ER. I know once there I will be stuck in the hospital for 7 days with an NG tube and on steroids so I try to get through the pain with vicodin at home. Luckily, since my last surgery this summer, I've only had one and it only lasted 8 hours so I'm feeling hopeful they really removed the problem area this time.

If you're on Facebook, please join me for daily silliness, inspiration, and IBD in the news at http://www.facebook.com/TheCrohnsDiaries.

"Cats: Because sometimes they really help you."

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Pain that sends you to ER