Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Single/married/kids??? Please answer

View Poll Results: Are you single or living with family?
Single (Not married, no kids) 64 19.22%
Single parent (not married with kids) 13 3.90%
Married (married without kids) 49 14.71%
Married with kids 147 44.14%
I live with my boyfriend/girlfriend 37 11.11%
I live with my parents or other family member 23 6.91%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

11-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #61
hangingon

married with 2 kitties and no plans for babies. we both work crazy hours and with my crohn's (which is like a giant unruly child) we have opted not to have children. i am a fabulous auntie, and am often equipped with sugar and loud or messy toys....

dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.
11-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #62
foxfire_joy

My Support Groups:
No kids, except 4-legged ones. Moved back home to help take care of my Dad and BAM all this stuff with fistulas,abscesses etc happens - tables defnitiely turned. Don't know where I would be without him
11-29-2011, 04:53 AM   #63
Pete_Scott87

Married to an amazing women who I owe everything to including my life and a beautiful daughter who is now 15 months old. My wife has known about my crohn's from the very start and although she knew nothing about it to start with she has embraced it and helped me so much when ever I've had a flair up. I'm a super lucky guy to have someone who is as understanding and Patiant as my wife. (I may play on things slightly when I'm under the weather to get my way lol)
11-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #64
Richard414

I'm 65, my wife is 50 and we have an 8 yr old daughter (adopted). She has been with us since day she was born.
My wife and I have been together 24 years but didn't marry until 12 years ago.
My wife has health issues related to being born with spina bifida and uses a wheelchair (but that doesn't slow her down, believe me!)
Our health issues have had a big impact on our relationship (good topic for another forum) and adding a child to the mix, while we love her tremendously, adds its own set of issues.
Unfortunately, we are currently "discussing" separating.
11-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #65
loosewheels

Could have done with a question: Divorced, no children ! however am now in a relationship with a Girl who understands my illness and stood by me when I was in hospital. Its a sad fact that husbands/wives/Bf's, Gf's cannot cope with our illness and 'look' for other partners.
11-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #66
Wife2Crohns

Could have done with a question: Divorced, no children ! however am now in a relationship with a Girl who understands my illness and stood by me when I was in hospital. Its a sad fact that husbands/wives/Bf's, Gf's cannot cope with our illness and 'look' for other partners.
I guess what I should have said was 'Not married' instead of 'Single'. Iv never been divorced, don't know the lingo. 'SINGLE' will just have to do.
11-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #67
Wife2Crohns

@Pete_Scott
Thank you for your positive post. It was a breath of fresh air.

@Richard414
I am sad to hear of your possible separation. I hope you guys realize how important you are to one another and your little one and remember why you fell in love in the beginning. ~~~Sending positive thoughts your way~~~

@foxfirejoy
Isn't life funny like that =) We tent to end up right where we're supposed to be.

@hangington
I am going to be an aunti soon, too! Finally a kid I can spoil and send home! HA!
11-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #68
tinkerbella

My Support Groups:
married raising a husband and a puppy basset hound named Bailey Grace.
Love it! My husband is brilliant and wonderfully supportive of the Crohn's side of things, still working on the house training side though...!

We are very lucky to have two beautiful boys, aged 5 and 11 months, who are my life and soul, and my older son is so helpful and equally supportive about the Crohn's x
11-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #69
Sailorluna
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Married, two girls 6 and 8 years old.

Symptoms since 98
Resection and diagnosis June 2010
3 fistulas
abscess drained 6 times (so far...)
currently 2 seton in place 1 since 9/11 the other 4/14
1 strange small air pocket with an 8 cm sinus track leading into the great unknown
methotrexate weekly
folic acid
2 lomotil
2 Welchol
B12 injections (monthly)
Remicade

_____
Goodbye Humira
Goodbye Cimzia
Goodbye Azathiprine
11-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #70
Sha0913

Married with 4 children ages 8,6,5,4
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Colossians 3:12
***I definitely have Bowels.....of Longsuffering
[SIGPIC]
11-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #71
Wife2Crohns

@sha0913
You have a beautiful family =) All these kids so close in age...*hats off*

70 participants and still climbing! Yes! KEEP 'EM COMING!!
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #72
Sha0913

Thank you soooo much, we didnt plan it but we were lucky we did it that way because my anemia got so bad with my last, that i had to have like 12 double blood transfusions, so doctors said no more. So I was lucky to get them!
11-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #73
Wife2Crohns

That.....is....SHOCKING. Reading your post just then made my heart sink. I can't even imagine. My prayers to you and your beautiful family. God bless you for such a big smile in your photo.
I always thought I wanted a houseful of kids....until I had kids HA! I'm kind of kidding. =)
Seriously, after I had my second I had this very satisfied feeling rush over me, and so I am completely confident that we are done. And we are so blessed with such beautiful little princesses.

Last edited by Wife2Crohns; 12-01-2011 at 12:16 PM.
12-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #74
Suvii
An old fart from North!

We're engaged with two kids!
We met in 2004 and after 3 weeks we moved in together. After 6 months I was pregnant!

Now we've been together for almost 8 years now and have two kids ages 6 (girl) and 3 (boy).

Last edited by Suvii; 12-02-2011 at 01:24 AM.
12-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #75
Wife2Crohns

We're engaged with two kids!
We met in 2003 and after 3 weeks we moved in together. After 6 months I was pregnant!

Now we've been together for almost 8 years now and have two kids ages 6 (girl) and 3 (boy).
Aww. Hubby and I have a similar story...We moved in with one another after our first date! Married after 8 months had our first girl 9 months later and had our second girl 9 months ago. When it's right, it's right
12-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #76
akanderson

I went ahead and said I'm married, we're engaged. Been together 5yrs and have a 5yr old (different biodad) and a 2yr old. I got diagnosed the beginning of this year and boy it is hard doing the stay at home mom thing b/c I can't physically work and balancing prek and a toddler.

Diagnosed March 2011
On Pentasa four 500mg X2 a day.
25mg Azathroprine
Zofran
Phinagrin
12-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #77
littlemama

I live with my boyfriend, our kitty, and our 5 week old daughter. My boyfriend has been AMAZINGLY supportive and I would still not be diagnosed if I hadn't had my daughter. I was told my Crohn's diagnosis (and alerted to a possible blood clotting disorder) 10 days after delivery. Mommy is now getting proper treatment after going 3+ years with symptoms thanks to you baby girl! <3

...Of course now I'm worried she could potentially inherit my gut. I wouldn't want this for anyone let alone my offspring!
12-03-2011, 03:03 AM   #78
Suvii
An old fart from North!

Aww. Hubby and I have a similar story...We moved in with one another after our first date! Married after 8 months had our first girl 9 months later and had our second girl 9 months ago. When it's right, it's right
That's right
12-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #79
Snap

My Support Groups:
Hello! I'm married with 2 boys, 12 and 9. The boys really keep me going! They are awesome--and I am soo thankful to be a mother.
Snap
12-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #80
SarahAnne

My Support Groups:
@lookame - our story is almost exactly the same! Got pregnant and BF and I got married, big mistake. He was lazy, selfish, couldn't hold a job and drank every night. I finally told him it was over when our son was 18 months. He left town and I moved in with my parents. My current hubby asked me out at work about a month later, and we moved in together shortly after that. The fact that I had a toddler, and Crohn's, didn't bother him in the least. We've been together 7 years, married the last 4 and we have Ewan, 8, and Tamsin, 4. My husband always introduces them as his family or his kids. He has NEVER singled Ewan out or used the term step-son. Now that is a keeper.

As for the Crohn's, he had no idea what it was when I told him. Now he is the one making sure I'm taking my meds, asking me how I feel, lecturing me when I eat something he knows I shouldn't, and takes care of the house and kids when I'm not feeling well.

@jaggartini - my Crohn's went into remission with both of my pregnancies, it was amazing! We don't want anymore kids, but if I could just stay in that state without having any more babies it would be awesome!!
4 procedures in March/April 2010 to remove a kidney stone
Dx'd Dyshidrotic Eczema April 2011
Dx'd Pancreatitis July 2011
2nd bowel resection 10/12/11 - I have 130cm of small intestines left!
Dx'd Chronic gastritis April 2012

Currently taking:
Cholestyramine powder 1-2x daily
Remicade 5mg/kg every 8 wks
Vitamin D3, B12
12-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #81
fatjoe216

Married to my wonderful wife 9 years and we have a dog Zeus 12 (old and set in his ways). Tried to have kids a while ago but doctors said we could not. We are a happy family though.
12-04-2011, 01:42 AM   #82
EmAitch88

still living at home, with mom and dad. hoping to move out soon. who knows if and when i'll be able to afford it, though.....

Asacol hd dr 800mg
Azathioprine 50mg
12-04-2011, 02:31 AM   #83
danielleD

Im engaged and living with my fiance. We have no children(but want some oneday) we do have a pitbull "bobby" he is 8 .. He is our sookie baby .. Lol My fiance and I have been together for just over 11 years .. We started dating when we were 15 .. I think lol .. I was dx's with crohns in 2003 .. My fiance is amazing .. He has been through everything with me .. And has put up with my crazy a*s for 11 years .. Poor guy ...... Take care everyone. DanielleD X
12-04-2011, 02:48 AM   #84
guest9933

how do people go with dating I just started infliximab(remicade) and hope it will help with the toilet situation I feel heaps better since having it but want to start dating again but am worried about accidents or leakage as my stool is very runny lately again and thats why i'm worried about leakage
12-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #85
stratford
Banned

Been single since mid twenties (43 in 5 weeks time)
Never met anyone who understood (gave up worrying about it years ago!)
Never had kids - it always scared me too much i might pass the illness on.
(i know their is no firm evidence but i never wanted to risk it)
12-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #86
lara5559

Hi,

Im single, not married and no kids. Been on my own a few years. Im happy though. Had a few disappointing relationships but its not put me off!

Lara xx
12-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #87
guest9933

yeah I've been single for 5 years and am over it so wanna start dating again just a bit hard with rumbling guts and going to the toilet
12-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #88
kenyasolovely

2 kids (see signature) and one very interesting Significant Other. We aren't engaged...but I have a ring. Again, I said he was interesting
Considering/Trying Alternative Therapy
Mom to TWO great kids, J is 16 and S is 14
12-06-2011, 12:16 AM   #89
pb

Married since 1989, but we've been together since 1982 (wow eh) that even surprises me LOL...have 2 kids, daughter is 22 in January (2012) and son will be 19 in March(2012)...became sick with CD when our daughter was just over a yr and a half old (20 yrs now with no full remission) and boy oh boy did getting sick that young ever test our marriage, but here we still are, I'm 44 and hubby is 43. We wanted to have kids young so by the time they were adults we could still have a life...thanks to crohn's it's been difficult for us to "have a life", but we manage.
12-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #90
Wife2Crohns

I am also worried about Hubby passing his genes to the kids. My three year old complains of belly aches already....don't know if she's playing for attention or what. Scary though.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Single/married/kids??? Please answer