Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Single/married/kids??? Please answer

View Poll Results: Are you single or living with family?
Single (Not married, no kids) 64 19.22%
Single parent (not married with kids) 13 3.90%
Married (married without kids) 49 14.71%
Married with kids 147 44.14%
I live with my boyfriend/girlfriend 37 11.11%
I live with my parents or other family member 23 6.91%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

09-09-2012, 02:48 AM   #151
sanni

My Support Groups:
Divorced but now in a new relationship (but we dont live together... so I put single on the poll). No kids but I have a dog and two cats... and my expanded family of my man includes a King boa. = Reson we dont live together. Oh and to specify the reason is we can not have the cats and snake in same apartment... not that I dont like the snake.
09-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #152
AIjen

I have been very happily married for nearly 16 years (Sept. 28) and have two wonderful children - a boy and a girl, Adam (13 in 8th grade) and EmmaJean (9 and in 4th grade).
Current Diagnoses: Asthma (Can't remember), Hashimoto's (June 07), Psoriasis (March 08), Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease (Jan. 08), Fibromyalgia (Jan. 08), Crohn's (Dec. 08), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (June 12)

Current Medications: Levothyroxin, Lyrica, Advair, Cimzia, Zyrtec, and Prevacid. Back on Pentassa 12/04/12.
09-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #153
silvermander

My Support Groups:
I've lived with my wonderful boyfriend for the past 4 1/2 years. We're both divorced, and his ex-wife always claimed to be ill, so he was quite closed off and worried - even though I was very upfront about my Crohn's. He's since learned the difference between living with a crazy woman looking for attention, and someone who is truly sick. My health has been at its absolute worst, and I almost died a year ago (fistula, abscess and 75cm of gut removed), but he's been my rock!

When I was young I decided that passing on Crohn's was something I absolutely didn't want to do. My Mum has struggled with Crohn's since she was 12, and her grandfather had it, so it very obviously runs in my family. So I had my tubes tied at a fairly young age.

Since then I ended up with a teenager who really needed a home and someone to just love her. She's now an adult and very much my daughter, even though I'm barely old enough to be her mother - biologically. My boyfriend has three kids, and while only one is living at home right now, I'm still their step mother, even though we're not married. Samantha is 9, Max is 16, Tim is 19, and Ellie is 25. Sam is still at home, Max is with his mother, Tim just moved into college, and Ellie lives with her boyfriend and goes to college as well was works.

I knew I'd have a family of some sort, but I never thought I'd be as lucky as this.
New abscess, named Albert! 7/7/12
Prednisone - Way too much & never again!
Cimzia - Started 5/20/11, hoping for the best. Scared that it won't work, like everything else.
Humira/Remicade/Imuran/6MP/Flagyl/ect - Been there, done that & really should get the t-shirt!
09-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #154
orangeleprechaun28

Single and living alone....but my awesome family is helping out as needed. Looking forward to getting through this flare or whatever it is so I can get back to working on changing the status.
09-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #155
BSweet

Married and we only have the fuzzy kids. However the 2 small yappy yorkies has provided us with some introductory training
09-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #156
superhotfemale

Single, never married, no kids or pets - actually ummmmm, live with one of my sisters, if she counts
10-01-2012, 04:28 AM   #157
Bioheaded

Married. Two kids. My daughter who is 1 year has Down syndrome.
10-01-2012, 05:18 AM   #158
Earnellzwifey

Married but both of us are on are 2nd marriage. We both had to find some coal before we found our gold.

I have 2 kids 17 and 13 from prior marriage but current has been more of a dad to them more than the sperm donor.

Was sick when we got married and has been very supportive the whole time. Actually in the hospital now and he is curled up on the little cot next me.
Iron,multi-vitamin, B12 injections, magic mouthwash,
Zofran.

32 medical conditions and counting. 22 pills a day with daily blood sugar testing and urinary cathing.

If you live in the loo , because you always gotta poo , then this is the place for you.
10-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #159
TJmom

ok. I see this is old but thought I would share anyway
I am married to a great man who is 12 years older than I. Together we have a 4 year old boy and an 8 year old boy. I have a stepson - age 21 and stepdaughter- age 25; one pre- med in St. Paul, MN; the other in law school in St. Louis, Missouri. 2 dogs- age 12- but act like 2 year olds!
10-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #160
WiseOldOwl

Live with my boyfriend of 2 years, and two roommates plus our pets. Daisy is our baby girl (a chi-weanie) since I'm not healthy enough for real babies right now.
11-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #161
newlymarriedtocrohns

Hi all! Married just slightly over a year now to a fantastic guy, who unfortunately has been dealing with Crohn's for the last six years. No kids yet, although the topic is up for discussion. We want to have kids, but we do have genetics to consider. At the very least, we'd love for him to be out of his flare-up and feeling better before adding the stress of a newborn to the situation.
11-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #162
cleuger

My Support Groups:
Married husband and I both in our 40's. We have 4 kids and they are 30, 25, 23 and 15. My 30 yrs old is my oldest son he is not my husbands I had him when I was was just 16 he is a wonderful person so glad he's in this world has 1 yr of school left working on a business degree. For work, he works with the adult mentally and physically handicapped patients in an assisted living home. I actually think my symptoms started after I had him He was diagnosed with a childhood form of cancer and I had very little support from family I was pretty much on my own and at 16 not mentally capable of handling it, this is when the IBS diagnosis started for me. My 15 yr old needs to be replaced with a puppy LOL He has Type 1 diabetes and is always a struggle with him not wanting to give himself injections has been a type 1 diabetic since he was 5. The 23 and 25 yr olds are both girls and they are doing very well in their lives 23 yr old works for a local ENT and the 25 yr old is a nursing student and bot have family's of there own now. My husband and I are both married to our jobs.

Diagnosed 10/02/2012 Crohns Colitis
05/28/14 Surgery Abscess due to Fistula
09/18/2014 Surgery Total Proctocolectomy
rectum removed and closed up.
Best Decision I ever made.

Gastro Released me said I didn't need meds any longer

Have 3 kids only 1 at home 17 yr old is Type 1 Diabetic

Currently Taking
Tramadol
Xanax
Multi Vitiman

Last edited by cleuger; 11-07-2012 at 05:52 AM.
11-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #163
AshleyElaine87

I am married with two children. My daughter will be 3 in February and I have a seven month old son I was diagnosed when my daughter was six weeks old.
11-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #164
momofzach

My Support Groups:
I am married to a wonderful Type 1 diabetic, we just celebrated our second anniversary. I have a 12 year old son from my first marriage. Two dogs
03-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #165
Janny74

I'm single. Flaring and fistulas don't relate well to the dating scene
03-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #166
BabsToo

I'm married to an absolutely wonderful, supportive man who I have no idea what I would do without. I'd be so lost.
03-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #167
Karen
FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

My Support Groups:
Very much married to my man { with Crohn's } and we have 3 Adult Children and two of them had to hear it all the time when he was sick so ... it has been hard but we are doing better at being there for him

04-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #168
Joshua_Higgins94

Single

04-22-2014, 10:23 AM   #169
The Real MC

My Support Groups:
Divorced, no kids.

Last edited by The Real MC; 04-23-2014 at 08:02 AM.
04-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #170
eleanorruby

I'm married and my husband and I just had our first daughter three months ago. She was a preemie, but she's doing spectacularly. However, my health is slipping right now. It's just a bit too much for me to handle with my terrible absorption problems, lack of sleep, lack of appetite, and giving away so many nutrients through my breast milk. I'm doing all I can in my power to stay afloat, though! I work, too--only three days a week for the time being, but it's another thing with which to contend. Luckily, my husband is amazing and supportive and, even though he works the same amount of hours as me, he takes full nighttime duties with our daughter.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Single/married/kids??? Please answer