Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » MTX ===> Insomnia?

11-30-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
PsychoJane

My Support Groups:
MTX ===> Insomnia?

So... I have received my first injection a few days ago... Everything seems fine, the nausea seems to be the same one that were previously related to the wonderful and delicious flagyl so I am kinda getting use to that.

I am under the impression that... I am so friggin tired as if my whole day was happening after 16hours of awaken time... I know being tired is a common thing... does it tends to get better... cause seriously, it's hard to get anything done with the motivation I have from that incredible amount of energy...

I appear to find easy to fall asleep randomly on a couch during the day (which is not useful for papers completion and brainfeeding for finals...)

And when the night comes (and that happens without the naps)... I can't seem to sleep... and I mean, I feel tired, I feel like I would sleep right away, but no... it never happens... I've seen insomnia listed in the side effects.
Has it been a problem for anyone? and... did it get better over time?

Nightmares, crazy vivid dreams? Anyone... Cause really, I could probably write a script for a children movie, a drama, a thriller and a sci-fi movie from the past 4 nights...

Anyway... 1:40, time for another shot at falling asleep

Thanks

Currently taking: Omega-3, D-3, med-free for the time being.
~~Oh! n sorry if what I write seems strange at times, English is not my main language!~~

You'd like to chat and feel facebook would ease this point,
send me a private message and i'll do so =)
11-30-2011, 02:09 AM   #2
Aura

Oh the dreams!!!! Now they are ever so vivid!!! Sometimes this can be nice sometimes scary, other times they are just nuts and absurd - and they do feel ever so real. The detail in my dreams a day or two after the injection are amazing.

I never know if my sleep or waking at three in the morning is stress from work or the drugs, if I figure it out I will let you know.
Meds: 2.5mg Plendil ER. Azathioprine 100mg; Inhibace+ 12.5mg; gastrosoothe 60mg; Simvastatin 40mg; Loratadine 20mg; Fluoxetine 40mg; Provera 10mg; Metformin 2.55g; Cal d forte; 1.25mg, Humira; Panadol 4g; Pred 3mg
11-30-2011, 02:14 AM   #3
PsychoJane

My Support Groups:
haha thanks! I am reassured I am not alone. I had hard time finding people expressing that about the dreams. So far I almost find it fun. Just a bit annoying when it involves family member and loved ones... but hey, I guess dreams are better than headache or nausea!
02-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Saphira

My Support Groups:
Thank godness more of you have the methotrexate dreams. I thought I was going crazy! I take mine on Friday nights and Saturday's I always have movie style dreams. Mostly just detailed and have great plot, but last week, I had bad nightmares! My 10 year old son is on methotrexate too, he's been on it onger than me, now I know how the poor guy feels...

Son Brandon Diagnosed CD 2009, Diagnosed IBD 2011.
Currently on Remicaid, Asacol, Omeprazole

Has taken Entocort, Prednisone
Prometheus test negative

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » MTX ===> Insomnia?