• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

MTX ===> Insomnia?

PsychoJane

So... I have received my first injection a few days ago... Everything seems fine, the nausea seems to be the same one that were previously related to the wonderful and delicious flagyl so I am kinda getting use to that.

I am under the impression that... I am so friggin tired as if my whole day was happening after 16hours of awaken time... I know being tired is a common thing... does it tends to get better... cause seriously, it's hard to get anything done with the motivation I have from that incredible amount of energy...

I appear to find easy to fall asleep randomly on a couch during the day (which is not useful for papers completion and brainfeeding for finals...)

And when the night comes (and that happens without the naps)... I can't seem to sleep... and I mean, I feel tired, I feel like I would sleep right away, but no... it never happens... I've seen insomnia listed in the side effects.
Has it been a problem for anyone? and... did it get better over time?

Nightmares, crazy vivid dreams? Anyone... Cause really, I could probably write a script for a children movie, a drama, a thriller and a sci-fi movie from the past 4 nights...

Anyway... 1:40, time for another shot at falling asleep

Oh the dreams!!!! Now they are ever so vivid!!! Sometimes this can be nice sometimes scary, other times they are just nuts and absurd:ybiggrin: - and they do feel ever so real. The detail in my dreams a day or two after the injection are amazing.

I never know if my sleep or waking at three in the morning is stress from work or the drugs, if I figure it out I will let you know.

PsychoJane

haha thanks! I am reassured I am not alone. I had hard time finding people expressing that about the dreams. So far I almost find it fun. Just a bit annoying when it involves family member and loved ones... but hey, I guess dreams are better than headache or nausea!

Thank godness more of you have the methotrexate dreams. I thought I was going crazy! I take mine on Friday nights and Saturday's I always have movie style dreams. Mostly just detailed and have great plot, but last week, I had bad nightmares! My 10 year old son is on methotrexate too, he's been on it onger than me, now I know how the poor guy feels...