• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ack

Nyx

So, remember how I reported that I had an eye infection, and a broken toe, and lady bits problems? I've got 2 out of 3 taken care of, but this darn eye thing won't go away!

Today I broke down and went to the eye doctor. It turns out that it's not an infection, but a virus. I didn't even know you could get viruses on your eyes! The good news is that there's no inflammation behind or inside my eyes, the bad news is that there are no meds to fix it (much like a cold). So, my doctor has me using natural tears every half an hour, and I have to get up twice in the night to put drops in, to try and flush the virus out of my eyes. I have to wash my hands before and after putting the drops in (my hands are currently shiny and new...I've washed them 28 times so far today), and I have to wash my towels, pillowcases, and anything else that comes into contact with my eyes. But, the hardest part is that I can't touch them; I can't rub them or anything. I'm a face toucher so this has been the hardest thing! And from the sounds of things I may have to do this for a few days, optimistically!

Oh well, things could be worse I suppose....although at the moment I can't think of anything...lol

Hope you are all having a better day! :)

Poor you :-( it's bad enough battling the disease, without related and/ or unrelated conditions to contend with. I've got irritated eyes at the mo, but haven't gone to the doc yet. Don't think it's pink eye cos they are not very gunky.
Hah, I blame everything on the Crohns and the meds and it may be totally unrelated.
Hope they get better soon. X

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Maybe you should wear safety glasses for a few days. I've probably rubbed my eyes ten times in the last five minutes....and didn't even know it!! Good luck Cindy:)

Ah that SUCKS. I hope you don't wear contacts because that would be annoying as hell! I don't think I could put drops in my own eyes so good on you!

I have period blood coming out of my bum wound if it makes you feel any better? Will I ever be able to wear a tampon or have sex ever again?!!?!?!? It's not even something I can vent to people either. UGGHHH

Let's hug it out and make each other feel better!!

Nyx

@Michelle...omg...that sounds awful!!! Can they fix that? Having to live with that wouldn't be pleasant to say the least...

Hugging it out sounds good though :) :ghug:

Terriernut

Hugging out to Michelle and Cindy!!! Huugge Huggggggggggggggsssssssss

Cindy...I vote you go for the pirate look and get an eye patch!! You'd look BRILLIANT as a pirate!!! That way you can touch your face and not be bothered so much???

Michelle...good grief. What are the Dr's saying about this? Poor you!

:rosette2:

Well apparently it's going to heal! I don't know when.. but they have to do a pelvic ultrasound to see if I still have a collection of discharge somewhere as that is still leaking from my lady hole. I felt it the other day to see what was going on in there and it feels like the bottom of my lady hole (inside and on the back wall) has kind of caved in. I'm worried that putting a tampon in would make it go into the surgery made hole rather than into my lady hole like it should. I wouldn't be able to tell either as my lady hole is at a different angle! And not having sexual relations with my bf is driving me crazy because I feel so well otherwise!! 28 is too young to become a nun.

Intimate problems SUCK. As do eye problems!! I appologise for ranting in your thread, Cindy!!! I'm glad you got the other two problems sorted out though!

GROUP HUG!!!!!!

Lol I called up the ultrasound department and no record of the bloody request! Or did I say that before? Anyway, my surgeon's secretary filled in another form for me and handed it in herself. Said if I don't hear anything this week to contact her again.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Ah hell Cindy, that sucks! :voodoo:

Good luck hun and more power to you for having the will power to resist!

Dusty. :heart:

Nyx

Update: Just got home from the eye doctor...she said my eyes look much better, but I'm not done yet :( I have 10 more days of the eye drop regimen, but I get to decrease it from drops every half an hour to drops every hour. Not sure that's better...lol Guess I'm going to be pretty much house bound for the next week and a half. Such is life I guess!

Oooo like a trip to England to see me and Misty!! Glad it's getting slightly better! Better than it getting worse *hugs*

ameslouise

OMG ten more days?!?! Hang in there - glad it's feeling better!

And booooooo for lady part problems too!

- Ames

Nyx

I'm doing pretty good Misty...eyes are almost cleared up now..and no, no eye patch...lol