• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introduction

I kinda explained my story in some other threads but wanted to formally introduce myself formally. I'm just turned 21 (Nov 30) and saw symptoms starting in December '09. Being a typical guy, I figured I could just tough it out and it would get better. I was wrong. Being a rather big guy (6'3,215) loosing weight was "killing me". By the time I had surgery in May '10 I had lost like 80 pounds. It sucked. After surgery I was put on Remi about 8 weeks after that and haven't looked back since. I gained all the weight back, thankfully, and I've been symptom free since! I'm back to bodybuilding, again thankfully!, and back in college in Florida.

Well that's my story. Feel free to ask me any questions or just say "whats up".

Good luck to everyone.

Hey there welcome to the forums. Glad the Remicade worked and the recovery went well. I finally put on weight for the first time in my life after going on Remicade and I'm pretty excited about my 5'11, 160 lbs :lol:

Jessi

Hiya tclark! What's up? :)

Welcome to the forum.

There are a lot of guys like you that just try to push through the pain. I'm a gal, and I do the same thing. I have always had an incredibly high pain tolerance. (Giving birth several times without drugs is quite a feat!) But what I discovered is that I was foolish to let my pains go on for so long unmentioned. By the time I went to the doctor, it was a severe case... My entire colon laced with ulcers. My choice was either Remicade or surgery. Thankfully, Remicade hasn't failed me.

I'm glad it's working for you too!!

Have you checked out our Fitness forum? We have some other avid builders here. Maybe you can help others who are trying to get into it. http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

I'm so glad that you're symptom free! I hope it lasts for a long long time. :hug: